Thread: pepperbox pistol kit

pepperbox pistol kit

Hi there

I quite like the idea of having a go at one of these:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...roducts_id=867

I am a collector of antique arms but do not hold a licence.
    With this in mind, I guess the completed kit would be illegal for me to own without said licence. Am I correct?

thanks

Pepper box kit

Looks great if they were legal I would too , there use to be a company in uk doing kits of pistols and long arms that were uk legal to own but its going back a few years and I remember thier name .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

E. J. Blackley & Son

I am still waiting delivery of a lock set from E. J. Blackley for over fifteen months after they have had the full payment by cheque for this (and they have cashed it) and a lock I sent them to have a replacement flintcock and main spring fitted, a stock for them to cast a new trigger guard, and rose wood ram rod etc.
    I suspect that I will never see either the parts or the cash.
    I am afraid Kevin who owns it is good with the lip service, but the customer service is lacking in every department.
    So just watch it you could end up out of pocket with nothing to show for it.

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Looks great if they were legal I would too , there use to be a company in uk doing kits of pistols and long arms that were uk legal to own but its going back a few years and I remember thier name .

Was it Major Noel Someone or Other who operated from his house at Steeple Bumstead--a memorable name!--in the Cambridgeshire or Bedfordshire area?

I believe the police closed him down as his kits weren't quite legal for posting away to people willy-nilly.

Was It Coach Harness who operated out of Haughley in Suffolk.

thanks for your responses. I emailed Dixie Gun Works. The guns are designed to shoot once built. Shame they don't do inert versions. Heyho...

Major Noel Corry - The Corry Collection of Antique Arms or something.

I stupidly bought a couple of those rusty woodwormy contracptions in the late 70s!

Anyone know when Coach Harness closed down? I've just been given 2000 percussion caps with their name on and wondered how old they were.

Apologies for thread hijack.

Steve.

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    thanks for your responses. I emailed Dixie Gun Works. The guns are designed to shoot once built. Shame they don't do inert versions. Heyho...
    Customs would never let you get one in
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Coach n Harness

If my memory serves me right I think they closed just after we lost our handguns. So that would make it the late 90's ish.: