Thread: .22 L.R Anschutz Match 64 Help and Advice wanted Please

.22 L.R Anschutz Match 64 Help and Advice wanted Please

I have a nice example of the above rifle but it does have a problem, it was used by a group of cadets who were somewhat heavy handed and on the underside of the bold it has a slight groove where the lug on the receiver which acts as a stop for the ejector has slightly cut in, this causes a problem in that occasionally when you withdraw the bolt it will stick in the open position making it necessary to hit the bolt forward with the heel of your hand to move it forward again this is obviously off putting when target shooting,Could anyone please help me out with advice on filling and refinishing the surface of the bolt underneath please,can it be welded ordinarily or would it have to be done by a gunsmith and after refinishing have the proofing retested
    I am stuck as to whether to get it fixed or to live with it as is,many thanks in anticipation of any help Regards
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Target Shooter is offline I'll give you three guesses...
    If it's purely on the handle, maybe you could take the bolt off, fill in the divot with that liquid metal stuff, let it set, then just get a nice finish on it. Never tried it myself, but I can't see why it wouldn't work
    Those entrusted with arms should be persons of some substance and stake in the country - William Windham
    Member of the YCHJCYA2PDTHFH Club

Many thanks for your reply

No its not on the handle its on the underside of the bolt body where it goes flat so it can seat properly on the receiver,,if you look towards the back of the receiver just under the bit which forms the hole for the bolt to slide in there is a small lug made of blued steel and this is the stop which the cartridges hit when thee bolt is withdrawn and it causes them to trip and spin outwards from the ejector lugs,,this lug is what has gouged a line into the underside on the bolt on my rifle,,,,,thanks again
    http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSCF3081.jpg
    http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSCF3080.jpg
    http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSCF3079.jpg
    http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/z...r/DSCF3078.jpg
    as an afterthought maybe these photographs will help more than words,,on the receiver you can make out the lug I described to the rear sat in a depressed circle at the bottom,on the bolt the damage is at the front of the groove machined into the underside,its not a very big bit of damage but it causes the bolt to jam very tightly
    many thanks for any ideas or opinions
    Last edited by martini1215; 12-05-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Photographs added
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

I just had a look at my Match 64 sporter. The slot is for retaining the bolt in the bolt way. It has no real part to play in the integrity of the bolt while shooting the rifle. I would go with making it back up using one of the liquid metal fillers. I am guessing that the bolt is riding up on to the bolt stop and causing the bolt to jam in the bolt way. When it jams have you tried puling the trigger back, this should free the bolt and allow you to either remove the bolt or push it forwards.

Alan

Right Thanks Alan it was concern about the integrity being affected that made me post the question so you have answered it admirably,thats my job for tomorrow sorted out and I'll post some photos as soon as its done to let you see the results, I had visions of a big gunsmiths bill following the purchase of a good decently priced rifle which would have knocked the edge off things
    ATB