Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My two barrelled Webley Service MkII

You will look for one
    Marsh.
    Good deals with Eddiekneejerk, scirroco,Garvin, brownie,NeilLedger,NortonAMC,MadMike,Lodmoor,Jonny Mark,ogilkes,brdrew,averageplinker,canman,Pagoda1, boxman,beagle,clueless,RobMac,RobM,DaveJW,leroy02, JerryCornelius,jarrod,Alistair,jonno1972,Emsill and Stuart.

As a newbie all I would say is I love my own Mark 2 - (.22). I was collecting Webley pistols when I happened to notice an "unusual" looking rifle being sold by my favourite dealer (a member here).

I had never seen one before but was taken by the pure simplicity/complexity of the design - not to mention the precision. Mine is lacking the circular part of the peep sight, the swivel pin and screw of the barrel swivel (I have cut down a 6.5ml nail, blued it and cut what looks like a screw slot in each end - not to fool anyone but just to make it work and look ok) and the bolt "ball" has been re-welded onto the lever. However the general condition of the rest is great.

What I really like however is the sheer accuracy - my eyesight is not what it was but I can hit stuff using the open sights.

I too, however, would love to find a .177 barrel - just to compare how they shoot. Value/investment does not really interest me.

BTW - it has also got me interested in old rifles again - just bought a mint Vulcan and mint BSA Merlin.

Ey up Paul....addictive ain't it..

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Addictive....Webleys...Na

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    True - I was only ever going the Webley pistol route.

Then I found the Mark 2.
    Then I found the Vulcan
    Then I remembered my first rifle and found the Merlin (I am allowed one BSA from my youth).
    Then I discovered Crosman

My name is Paul and I am SCREWED (Save Crosmans Revere Each Webley Every Day).

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Just had a p-m from the BBS member who acted as broker in getting me my Service MkII from the family of the deceased, to say that he was delighted to see this thread, as he hadn't said anything, but had tried to get me the .177, and .25 barrel, that went with this rifle, from the previous owner's widow, but that loathing guns as she did, when the previous owner died, she threw the aforementioned two barrels into a recycling skip, to just get rid. . Told him to tell her I'd've given her a further £400 if the two extra barrels had been included -- and I would've, too. Just off to vomit...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Just had a p-m from the BBS member who acted as broker in getting me my Service MkII from the family of the deceased, to say that he was delighted to see this thread, as he hadn't said anything, but had tried to get me the .177, and .25 barrel, that went with this rifle, from the previous owner's widow, but that loathing guns as she did, when the previous owner died, she threw the aforementioned two barrels into a recycling skip, to just get rid. . Told him to tell her I'd've given her a further £400 if the two extra barrels had been included -- and I would've, too. Just off to vomit...
    Oh Dear,

Some people do, indeed, have principles - all weapons are evil and the widow was entitled to her opinion.

But I just hold my head in my hands and sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post

Some people do, indeed, have principles - all weapons are evil and the widow was entitled to her opinion.

But I just hold my head in my hands and sigh.

... In truth, agreed, agreed, and ditto.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth,
    Thanks for sharing the photos of your pride and joy. It really is a very fine example. Just a small point, can you move those bits of old tat / metalwork out of the way, so that we can all fully appreciate the graining in that fantastic flooring, a real find. First dibs if you ever consider taking it up and offering it by the sq foot.
    ATB
    Rob
    BSA & Webley

Quote Originally Posted by gt550a View Post

Thanks for sharing the photos of your pride and joy. It really is a very fine example. Just a small point, can you move those bits of old tat / metalwork out of the way, so that we can all fully appreciate the graining in that fantastic flooring, a real find. First dibs if you ever consider taking it up and offering it by the sq foot.
    ... Cheers chum -- nice flooring, ain't it, and yep, you have first dibs if ever I go oak.