Thread: FWB 124 in action

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FWB 124 in action

Having used the newly acquired gun in the field for the first time last evening, I have to report that it was a pleasure to use.
    Following a zero check, the gun and I spent a few pleasant hours hunting some of my local bunnies. The balance and light weight is reminiscent of a HW95 but she seems to possess even better handling qualities due to its general portability and the ease upon which the gun comes to shoulder. I have fitted a trigger shoe which has helped to improve the trigger feel no end. Much more predicatable, but still not in "Record" territory.
    As those of you with experience of the 124 will know,the gun is a flighty beast that requires, for me, a very relaxed stock holding technique to get the most out of her. However, once that has been acknowledged and allowed for, the gun shoots beautifully with tight groups (half inch ish) out to a ranged 37 yards with Falcon Accuracy Plus lightweights (7.3)
    Do you know what, I cant even remember when I last took out my PCP multi!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Do you know what, I cant even remember when I last took out my PCP multi!
    Andy
    Someone once told me forgetfulness is a sign of old age and senility - but I cant remember who it was.

Im glad you enjoying on of, if not THE best springers.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Ian.
    She is truly a beautifully engineered , accurate and lightweight rifle that is well capable of exceeding my own meagre skills on the accuracy front. The next step is, when I can afford it, a Maccari "Old School" kit. This one rifle can really do everything I need. Its a pity that women dont generally come as well prepared to please!
    I will be down at the indoor on Thursday evening to let you check "Helga" out. I reckon you will be impressed.
    Bob, sorry, Andy.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

always good to hear we have a new member of the fwb appreciation club,i was lucky enough to have joined the fold some years ago; having gone down the pcp route first as have others.as you have found this gun will outshoot most owners myself included but my confidence out in the field is enhanced as a result of knowing this[no one else to blame] enjoy mate.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Well Bob, I actually initially joined the FWB Appreciation Society 35 years ago but could never afford one then. I then had a brief flirtation with a fine example in 2004 but for some unbeleivable reason allowed her to go to another home. I used that little beaut in the field as well. She wore a Simmons 1.5-5x20 scope and was spot on for close range rabbiting.
    This one will be staying with me for sure! Once the Maccari gear is fitted and I find some more pennies, its "Operation Find a 127" to keep Helga company at night.
    Like you, I reckon that the Sport does everything I need. She is also great to look at, handles like a dream and doesnt require attachment to an air cylinder on a frequent basis. More importantly than all of that though is I just enjoy shooting the Sport so much!
    Andy

hhi

i recently got a bonnie and clyde kit 177 hw35 it shoots great to say the least ..so easy to bull with at 40 yards and thats a springer

i was impressed at bonnie and clyde tuning

my nephews pinched it though

"Operation Find a 127"

Andy, when the time comes I know where there is one, with a maccari kit fitted.