Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bipod or not !!!

i hate seeing people using them bipods that clip onto the barrel, its like resting your barrel on a fence post! and the weight of your gun and you resting on it will bend the barrel ever so slightly and will knock your aim off!!.
    Ruger 1022 Tactical Custom .22lr
    CZ 452 Style .22lr
    AirArms s200 mk3 .177

I'm after a cheap second hand one to fit on my new scorpian t10

Leave the barrel alone. Won't the claw fit around the res'??

Bite the bullet and drill the stock to accept the bipod. I wouldnt have one of those 'around the barrel' types.

Quote Originally Posted by purdy1 View Post
    Hello all got a quick question (hope its in the right place) im going to be taking my aa s400 and my s200 at the weekend for abit of long range at my uncles farm ive already got a bipod on my s400 but want to fit one on the
    s200 but not to happy about drilling the stock to put a stud in ectect, I looked at getting 1 of those dragon claw bipods that just go on the end of the barrel with adjustable legs and stuff but is it wise to do that on an s200 will it distort the barrel over time ??? thanks in advance
    Use a bean bag, less hassle. And more challenging. I've never used bipod and never had problem hitting my targets
    Crack whizz slap WHAT A SHOT

i would say that a bipod is only really good if you are always shooting from a flat area with plenty of room, i peronally do not use them as i prefer to hunt in woods so they are not practical.

Vanguard equaliser

Alternative - without drilling the stock.

http://www.vanguardworld.co.uk/index...t-2-12-84.html

Fits to the stock swivel stud, as long as you can get one suitable for a sling (drilled). At first I was dubious about the tiny screw attachment but it clamps up nice and doesnt come loose. I'm using the Equaliser 2 from half kneel, half sit position (if you can imagine) to shoot.

My partners son has the same gun as me but with a Harris Bi-pod, its more solidly built but heavier and more 'agricultural', the Vanguard is light and quiet - and no twanging springs.
    Last edited by capt hindsight; 17-02-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Always keep your barrel free floating with nothing at all touching it. "Drill the Stock"

bipod

Quote Originally Posted by purdy1 View Post
    Hello all got a quick question (hope its in the right place) im going to be taking my aa s400 and my s200 at the weekend for abit of long range at my uncles farm ive already got a bipod on my s400 but want to fit one on the
    s200 but not to happy about drilling the stock to put a stud in ectect, I looked at getting 1 of those dragon claw bipods that just go on the end of the barrel with adjustable legs and stuff but is it wise to do that on an s200 will it distort the barrel over time ??? thanks in advance
    if its a floating barrel its no good puts it off target

Bipod

Quote Originally Posted by berkshire bred View Post
    i would say that a bipod is only really good if you are always shooting from a flat area with plenty of room, i peronally do not use them as i prefer to hunt in woods so they are not practical.
    They are particularly good for resting on drystone walls when unfolded...and i don't take them off for the woods as they have drystone around them too....really depends what and where you shoot.....ie Squirrels Pigeons and rats...generally not needed...Rabbits,..for me..essential if you like your stock.
    Most shots are over walls and the folded bipod acts as a stock saver...and also a bit like a hamster.. for elbow on hip.. locked up sling method... freehand shooting....
    ....or at least it does with an S Type Rapid.
    Last edited by MrGreengrass; 24-02-2013 at 08:15 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin