Thread: BSA Mercury Cylinder, Back Block, etc

BSA Mercury Cylinder, Back Block, etc

BSA Mercury cylinder in really nice condition that I put away for a rainy day that never came. It comes with a piston and piston head, plus the back block trigger unit and trigger.

£40 the lot posted. Will split if required.

Bsa?

Looks like a "Mercsporter" to me Not sure about the piston.

The piston was in the cylinder together with a long dead spider of the genus Lepthyphantes Minutus up until a couple of hours ago so I assumed it was a Mercury one and not an Airsporter?

i have stripped several mercurys and the piston is missing the post that runs down the middle and locks into the trigger when cocked also the horn bit sticking forward from the trigger block is not familiar to me and looks like it may be for an underlever to pivot on so i would guess airsporter as well
    S400 Carbine

Hi Loach369,
    I think Benchstop was referring to the airsporter trigger block fitted to this Mercury cylinder.
    ATB
    Gt550a
    BSA & Webley

Blame the spider

Certainly an airsporter block on a mercury cylinder. Mercury pistons don't have a rod (mine didn't), even so I don't think that piston belongs to that cylinder. However, they are all saleable items, just not compatible!

Mike

A Mercsporter ! I like that

Anyway....

One Airsporter trigger block, trigger etc £18 posted

One Mercury cylinder £16 posted

Unknown piston going in the bin pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by benchstop View Post
    Certainly an airsporter block on a mercury cylinder. Mercury pistons don't have a rod (mine didn't), even so I don't think that piston belongs to that cylinder. However, they are all saleable items, just not compatible!

Mike
    my mk2 mercury has a rod as do all the bsa's that have that design of trigger block,the rod extends out the back of the piston and engage's the sear through the trigger housing.all mks of merc/airsporters.
    trigger block is defo airsporter,piston crown looks like a bsa merc/sporter just missing the rod,unless it's off a later model super/gold star or meteor/lightning/super sport etc.piston on these i think engage the sear direct no rod.
    Last edited by weebster; 13-05-2010 at 08:41 AM.

Mike
    Hi, ALL Mercury,s have a central rod, The piston is a Bsa Scorpion Pistol one,
    Ged

i thank you
    S400 Carbine

Thanks for the wealth of information Gents. Ill get the piston back out the bin and put it with the BSA Scorpion pistol that I will list later.

ggggr its all yours mate. Pm me your address and ill post it down to you free of charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sniper View Post
    i thank you
    Your welcome,

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi, ALL Mercury,s have a central rod, The piston is a Bsa Scorpion Pistol one,
    Ged
    The old memory is fading (I sold mine in 1980). I will go to the naughty step now.

rgds Mike

The old memory is fading (I sold mine in 1980). I will go to the naughty step now.

rgds Mike
    Ha ha, Taken like a man ! We ALL make mistakes, As you say, the memories change, All the best, Ged.