Thread: bsa 240

bsa 240

Did bsa produce an armbrace for the 240 magnum?
    atb Glyn

Not that I am aware of, but I've seen a few home made ones. One was featured in an article in Air Gunner in about 1995.

I have not seen a bsa 240 with a sholder stock but would hope if one was made it would be easier than that for the hw 45. I like the idear of a sholder stock for a pistol. The hw 45 once was sold with a detachable silencer and combat grips. I would be great to see a new version of this with also an easy detachable stock.

Talking

I think its hart to see where an arm brace would attach to the pistol without modifying its grip. Apparently BSA did a prototype of a 240 with a longer air cylinder and the later boxes were made to accommodate this, although none went into production. I think the 240 is great just the size it is although if variations were available I would probably like them too.
    One of my 240 pistols has developed travel on the cocking hinge pin when used for a while. At first I tried lock tight but this did not hold for long. I have considered having the plastic end plug and spring guide remade in alloy to accommodate a grub screw for the hinge pin. If any one has experience with this problem any advice would be great.