Thread: Smk 12 ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smk 12 ?

Hi all I am new here. I have experience firing full bore 7.62 target rifles with my school shotting team, while ago now .
    I have recently bought an SMK 12

used twice for £45 with scope, bag and some pellets. I have found some information on the SMK 19 but a google search for the SMK 12 is unhelpful...

I managed to remove the rubbish plastic foresight so I can add a silencer ( sound modifier?) and was wondering if anyone here has a SMK12 and what silencers will fit?

The rifle holds a good zero (15mm at 30 yards) and the signt a 4 X 40 seems nice. The laser sight was a pain to zero but works great now. I know SMK is a cheap chinese make but the finish is actually great.

Best thing to do is measure the barrel diameter, then buy a silencer adaptor. You can then fit any silencer you like. For all the advice you need on these, go to ukchinese forum. Great bunch of guys, and VERY helpful. See link below.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

re

the brother in law has one he got for his smk 12,hes away for a weeks hols but mail him its (cabu) him forum name i think,a good gunsmith told him after he had bought the smk12....best thing you can do with that gun mate is go throw it in the river....... so he sold it and got a BSA lighting...px it and got a proper gun TX200.

Thumbs up Silencer/Moderator

Hi there why dont you try Matt on here or contact him on his e-mail address.Its as follows: heaven1077@yahoo.co.uk Please let him know that jimcam sent you.Yours Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    the brother in law has one he got for his smk 12,hes away for a weeks hols but mail him its (cabu) him forum name i think,a good gunsmith told him after he had bought the smk12....best thing you can do with that gun mate is go throw it in the river....... so he sold it and got a BSA lighting...px it and got a proper gun TX200.
    Typical. About as much help as a hole in the head.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Ha Ha, Well its shoots straight so I am happy at the moment. Have another rifle to play with too. A BSA Lightening to restore, but shoots straight too!

BeerJam is offline Loser of the 2011 'Barn Door Trophy'.
    Headley, Hampshire (behind the graveyard!)
    Hi,

I have the identical rifle branded as a Webley Nimbus. It was given to me by a friend who bought it and then could not get on with it. The trigger was so heavy as to be totally unpredictable and the firing cycle was harsh and noisy. At this point it was producing around 5fpe. The gun felt very oversprung, which was born out by an internal inspection, there was massive preload on the spring.
    When I stripped it I found the internals to be quite nasty - rough and poorly finished. The spring was badly distorted and the trigger mechanism was bent out of alignment. I should point out that it is possible that someone else might well have messed with it at an earlier date
    I fitted a much shorter, better quality spring and sorted the trigger out, gave it a polish and relube then put it back together.
    It now shoots ok at about 7.5fpe .

It will never be my favourite rifle

Cheers, Mark
    Proud to be a member of; MVAC and Countryside Alliance
    "...... I'm good with the science, but rubbish with the gun "