Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just aquired a webley tracker

just aquired a webley tracker

hell guys can anyone shed any light on value/spares for a webley trakker ive just aquired its a do it upper but in good overall condition i even have the fake muzzle brake and open sights with the gun its a .22 side lever serial 28389 its very short id say the barrels about 12inch long im going to bring it back to its former glory. and it just requires a pivot pin for side lever.

also ive got a scope with it called an ASI super scope 3-9x40 wideangle.never heard of them i suspect its just a ying yang but im sure someone will know something about it.

thanks for any replys martyn.
    www.derbytargets.com

ANYONE AFTER A CUSTOM TARGET HOLDER PLEASE PM ME...ALL TYPES MADE.

Hi Martyn,

Try Chambers for spare parts:

www.gunspares.co.uk/default.asp

Depending on condition about £140-£150 for a cracker/first class example is about usual.

Might be worth doing a search on here; it will give you some idea about the various prices/conditions.

hth, John
    Rapid .20 with Huggett Silencer, TX200HC (.22 soon to be .20), BSA Lightning XL Tactical .22 (Venomed), Knives and an Axe!

Gareth W-B is online now Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by SPARKIE View Post

also ive got a scope with it called an ASI super scope 3-9x40 wideangle.never heard of them i suspect its just a ying yang but im sure someone will know something about it.
    Yeah, worth nowt. I'll give you a fiver for it ... These scopes were the top of the optic food chain thirty years ago, and even to this day, their glass puts almost all others to shame. Top bit of kit mate, good Jap optics, and great light gathering. I sold a 4x40 ASI for £40 five years back, so you can work the value of yours out yourself . Hope this helps …

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

oh thats good to hear ive paid £40 for both gun and scope. and the scopes boxed.
    www.derbytargets.com

Bormla Malta (& sometimes odd bits of Brit)
    Agree with Gareth on the scope. In fact, if fixed/low power scopes are your thing (they are mine ) the Japanese scopes from the '70s/'80s will give you quality not too far short of the German big name stuff, for the price of a curry and a couple of pints. But keep it quiet, there's a good chap!

Unfortunately, IMO any scope of any worth whatsoever is wasted on a Tracker. They have the nastiest, twangy, noisy, kicky action you'll find, although they can be tamed by tuning. Even then, unless you're very lucky, you won't hit much with it. I've yet to find one that would be considered accurate by today's standards.

Still, nice to have on the wall or in the rack.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post

Still, nice to have on the wall or in the rack.

Adrian
    Agree with all you say, especially the last bit, as Trackers, imo, have a massive "fun" factor, and are great for eradicating troublesome barn doors . Although it would not be my only gun if I could only have one (God, what a horrible scenario that would be ), while in the fortunate position of being able to hold a fair few air rifles in my collection, I would not be without my walnut stocked .177 Tracker Deluxe, no-sir-eeee . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by SPARKIE View Post

oh thats good to hear ive paid £40 for both gun and scope. and the scopes boxed.
    ... You jammy #*!@#*.

I hear there's a lovely walnut tuned Tracker for sale on the Sales thread at the moment, it even has the "camo" stock as well! (...and yes I must declare an interest !)
    Rapid .20 with Huggett Silencer, TX200HC (.22 soon to be .20), BSA Lightning XL Tactical .22 (Venomed), Knives and an Axe!

Quote Originally Posted by gareth w-b View Post
    ... you jammy #*!@#*.
    yes, i agree with the man above...£40!!

well ive started to bring her back to life today ive stripped the wood and removed the small scratches/dents and its had 2 coats of red root oil.
    www.derbytargets.com

Trackers are a bit of a Marmite gun, but i love mine!

They can be a bit rough, but i have gas rammed mine and it will put every shot into an inch circle at 20 yds so well worth a punt if you like rammers

Cheers.... Andy

Evening, i have the long bareeled version the Viscount in .22. mine dose 10.5 with Air/Arms 5.52.

Thumbs up

Webley Viscount....Oh yes!!!
    Freedom needs a soldier.

Viscount Owners Club

"Ohhhh Yes " , said the Nodding Dog .
    Viscount . Sidelever . Walnut . Classic . airgunning at its best .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    Evening, i have the long bareeled version the Viscount in .22. mine dose 10.5 with Air/Arms 5.52.
    I got the same, and its my favourite gun
    AMT Lightning Winchester 250
    Berretta Silver Pigeon II ... Nikko Daiwa 12g
    AA TX200 .177 Prosport .22 HW 90 .22 Venom .22