Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finale Match or what.........Pellet questions

Deleted my original reply as things have changed since i chronoed my FWB80 with Geco's and my preferred pellet RWS R10's 4.49.

Geco's were inconsistent on paper and over the chrono so i bought a tin of R10's and my scores with the FWB80,2240 and the gamo compact are upper 80's-lower 90's(UBC 10m FWB80 score 87).

Geco's were only returning upper 70's at best perhaps an 80 here and there.

You won't enjoy your target shooting especially if you take it seriously if your gun/pellet combination is letting you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post

At 10m in all my pistols I cannot see the difference between £2.40 a tin and £10 a tin.

Mark
    Can you get flat pointed pellets for 2.40 a tin.?

br22

Quote Originally Posted by br22 View Post
    Can you get flat pointed pellets for 2.40 a tin.?

br22
    Yes, nearly! £2.46 a tin for Gecos from our sponsor jsramsbottoms if you buy ten tins or more.

HTH

Mark

Yes, nearly! £2.46 a tin for Gecos from our sponsor jsramsbottoms if you buy ten tins or more.

HTH

Mark
    I just bought a few thousand flat nose at a fiver a tin and thought I was doing ok.

They are called Topshot and chrono just as consistent as Krugen.

When I get through them I will try some Gecos.

br22

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Were you able to call the few fliers you had ? (i.e. were they down to something you did rather than the pellets ?)
    Yes, I usually get the wobbles and take the shot rather than stopping and going through the shot cycle again. Or the wind starts to move me away. (These were shot outside at Lincs HFT) but I shoot inside as well and my average is the same there! I find the lighting better outside, it is easier to see the sights.

I've also shot the Geco's bench rested through my LP50 with a red dot and they all go into the ten ring.

I admit that over the Chrono the Gecos are not as consistent as the R10 Match, but at 10m I don't think it is the pellets that are limiting my scores, it is me.

Thanks

Mark

I admit that over the Chrono the Gecos are not as consistent as the R10 Match, but at 10m I don't think it is the pellets that are limiting my scores, it is me.

Thanks

Mark
    Very impressive, especially when shot outdoors. I tend to use R10's, more specifically 4.50's as 4.49 and 4.51's all opened up a bit in my LP10 and LP5 when bench rested.

The 4.50s where single holing over 10M's the 4.49 opened up that hole to about twice the size (from memory).

I may have to re-visit and retest the Geco's. As I think others have said, for the 2.50 a tin difference I'd go for the more consistent over the price, but if there is no difference, there doesn't seem a point in paying that extra.

Steve.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    If you look on your Steyr test target it will tell you what size pellet it was tested with but not the make, both mine were tested with 4.49, and the make? I'll let you in on the open secret, JSB match.
    Group sizes can be significantly different, make to make, and pellet size, if you can aim at a ten and hit it (even if its only one in ten shots!) why lose it because of a pellet that does not group? At £7 a tin, 60 shot match costs 98pence, how much did your gun cost?
    If you are glad to group in the black and hit tens by luck, use any thing, if you can aim at a ten, call it a ten, and hit it, buy the best for your gun. If its a Steyr its probably JSB match 4.49
    Good shooting.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

You could come and shoot at the BPC
    http://www.britishpistolclub.org/
    and buy R10 for £5 a tin. I've shot R10, H&N Match and H&N Finale Match with a combination of 4.49 and 4.50 and can't tell the difference on the score card. Never tried bench testing though.

McT