Thread: hw barrel weight

hw barrel weight

hi all me and my mate where plinking the other day both useing hw8o he recon`s the hw80 shoot`s better with a home made barrel weight on it [for now] but say`s the piont of impact move`s .hw say`s a barrel weight totaly illiminate barrel flip.must be some reasone thay put them on would a sillencer do the same.your thought`s please atb john

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The barrel flip from a pellet leaving the barrel of a springer is negligible. The effect of the spring surge and bounce is massive. Best thing to do with the HW80 is to get it tuned and reduce the spring surge/bounce.

Adding a weight to the muzzle makes the rifle even heavier, may make it a little easier to keep on target but changes the balance as well. Some people prefer a muzzle-heavy rifle as it 'sits' on target, I think most people put them on as a styling thing, makes the rifle look good in their eyes. If it is REALLY heavy it can put the breech lock under stress and reduce accuracy that way.

I use a heavy Pro-system on my Longbow. Not the best silencer but does help keep muzzle under control. Definitely an improvement compared to a lighter alloy silencer I had previously. Anything attached to the barrel will affect POI most of the time. The POI will change but shouldn't wander if silencer is secure.

Slicencer better bet if your going to hunt but if your just plinking you could weight the end. If you can't see the barrel flipping upwards occasionally after shot release then you don't need either. All depends how you hold the gun and your grip, where you put your thumb etc.

hi both rifle`s are tuned my 80 [-22] as a b+c kit,buttond piston,11 lbf. he`s a v-mack kit,buttond,11.5 lbf, but -177. the -22 seem`s slightly better never tried a weight on my -22 .he also as a hw77 in -22 and that knock`s spot`s off both 80. holding doe`s have a lot to do with it iv found atb john
    Last edited by gibboj; 15-05-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: update