Thread: New member

Hello,

I'm Tim and I have just joined this forum to hopefully gain knowledge on all there is to know about airguns. So far, I've been impressed with the wealth of knowledge that is here and hope to use it to my advantage when I go out next.

I've just started out in the realms of shooting with my brother-in-law who has been shooting more than I've had hot dinners! We go two or three times a week for a bit of target shooting and I'm really enjoying it and I am now ready to purchase a gun of my own.

I have used the HW90, 98 and the TX200, these are all lovely guns but given the choice, I prefer the lighter feel and the break barrel mechanism of the HW 98 to the bigger weight and underlever device of the TX.

I am looking for something reliable and accurate which will last but could do with some advice on what you think would be an ideal first gun? As I've said, now I've tried the HW, it's hard to imagine many other guns can match this. I'm sure higher models are great, however my bank balance is of a more 'wake up and smell the coffee' nature

Any help appreciated.....

bigred1 is offline Hello, hello, hello, how low?
    Yo Timbob

We will try and get out again this week... get posting so you can hit the sales section

I reckon, given your budget, a HW95 would be the boy for you, calibre wise... a whole can of worms, best you get reading! so far with the exception of Scottie's (Livebait on here) HW100, all the guns you have been using have been 0.22 (the mans calibre).

Haha,

Thought you were in work earning a living

Me thinks I need to try before I buy on the calibre front because quite rightly so, only shooting one type of gun, can not determine what suits my preference. I'm ok with the .22 but a .177 or .20 could be the answer to not worrying as much about trajectory....We will see

bigred1 is offline Hello, hello, hello, how low?
    Get some more posts in (it's usually quite friendly round these parts) then you'll be able to have a gander at the sales sections, sooner or later a rifle will appear with your name on it... plenty on here to give you any advice you need

How you doing mate, tis bout time you got on here you will pick a lot up off these knowledgeable if you can make sense of them you need to of had a few drinks

Great banter and lots of fun you will soon not be watching Emmerdale
    HW 100 sporter (.177) HW 98 (.22) Gamo Cadet 2001 (.22) BSA 240 Magnum (.22) 1x Shotgun.

Looking on here now and defo a wealth of information

Good job for sky + though

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    well, first of all welcome to the BBS, i'm sure that any questions you have (no matter how silly or strange) will get answered, and there are many people out there to help you with any decisions you need assistance with.

the rifles you have previously owned are really nice examples, and if you stay along those lines you won't be dissapointed - as others have said, get your posts up and get on the for sale section, there is always a nice gun waiting to be bought.

welcome to the community.

Deano

Cheers Deano!

Am having fun on here so far

Tim

Thumbs up Hello and welcome

Hi there and a hearty welcome to you.You've found a great place and forum.They're a great bunch on here.Have fun.Yours Jim.