Thread: Ball reservoir air rifles.

Ball reservoir air rifles.

that's got your attention, plus air canes,quakenbush etc,very good close up photos. google: amoskeag auctions. happy drooling,Graham.

OMG!!!!

That is one of the best auction lineups I have seen in a very long time

Thanks for the heads up

Lakey

That was aircane heaven

Just goes to show...we are only playing at it... me thinks with the interest rates so low certain people are "investing" in the likes of these...

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Me feels everso 'umble now.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

OMG. Thanks Graham.

Check out this early PCP, not a million miles from modern ones:

http://www.amoskeag-auction.com/77/enlarged/173.jpg

173. Early New England Air Rifle
    .28 caliber, 29 1/2" barrel. This is an interesting rifle which features a long cylindrical air reservoir mounted beneath the barrel. The mechanism is quite simple with an actuating rod protruding vertically from the frame, when the hammer contacts the rod it depresses a spring loaded plunger allowing a charge of air to be released from the reservoir. The most endearing feature of this rifle is its typical New England style buttstock with German silver furniture, including a fancy round patchbox and a lovely thin cheek piece and double set triggers protected by a German silver guard. All iron surfaces of rifle bear a smooth and even gray patina. The buttstock rates excellent with 95% original finish remaining and with a pleasing patina on German silver furniture. The flat spring on right side of hammer is a modern replacement - it functions fine, if one wished a more original appearing spring could be easily made. The reservoir is pumped from the muzzle and the original pump is included with the rifle. The hammer does not stay on full cock, this may be simply a trigger adjustment or the tumbler may need its notch freshened up. A brass ramrod is mounted on left side between barrel and reservoir; there may have at one time been two German silver keepers, presently there is only one. A really neat and endearing New England air rifle. (3578-47) [491] (2000/3000)
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

edbear2 Guest
    Many thanks!........as others have said O.M.G.!!!......and as an ex-shooter of powder burners and a student of military and civilian firearms, my cup of tea has just gone cold unnoticed as I waded through item after item of rare stuff like boxed commercial 1911's, new service revolvers, Mauser matching snipers, saa colts, etc. etc.......The crossbows as well were museum quality, as were so many others.......I wonder what the post and packing would be on a Lewis gun, have always fancied one of those

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Definitely the best line up of airguns since the Rock Island auction of the Myron Kasok collection back in 2003. But not a single air pistol anywhere - which I was thankful for, as it spared me the frustration of seeing something I might desperately want, but the price and our wonderful Border Control Agency would probably make it impossible to get. (Incidentally, why is our border Control Agency so good at keeping perfectly legal airguns from entering the UK and can't do the same for illegal immigrants ?)

There are a Webley/Stoeger Junior and a Webley/Stoeger W/G Mk.1 on p61 of the 'Silent Auction', a Crosman 600 on P62, and a variety of Air Pistols on p67/68.
    That is certainly some collection. It's owner must have had a fantastic gun room.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post

That is certainly some collection. It's owner must have had a fantastic gun room.
    And a rather healthy bank balance to afford them!
    If it's not broke don"t fix it!
    http://www.vintageairguns.co.uk/

I have just had another look at the guns as I couldnt quite believe so many really rare guns lined up in the same auction. UNBELIEVABLE !!

Most of the american airguns shown are BSA Military Pattern type rare and you feel lucky seeing one let alone all this lot. Let alone all the Aircanes, Ball and Butt reservoir guns. Truely a memorable line-up.

Lakey

All the firearms are pretty good as well

Some lovely examples from Quackenbush and Haviland and Gunn too...I'm happy just to have seen the pics!...but, one day, maybe
    blah blah

Hey now who put photos of my rifles in that auction list? I only sent them away for an insurance valuation!

Rgds Charlie

Ball reservoir airguns

Bump for the mid-week viewers.