Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch hw40 pca

Weihrauch hw40 pca

hi all, i am new to this forum but have been lurking for a while, great forum

I am considering a new air pistol, i don't want to have to buy c02 or fill it up with air so i was looking for a spring pistol when i came across the Weirauch HW40 pca pistol and it's manual pneumatic action instead of a spring.

How does the HW40 compare to the spring pistols (which i know nothing about i should add) and is there any advice you can give regarding it?

many thanks

Basicly the HW40 has no recoil (well very little) so would be easier to shot.
    Personly for plinking etc i like the recoil as it gives some "feed back" when you pull the tirgger. I would recomen a HW45 very nice and can be picked up at around £130 second hand off here.
    Set Bazookoids to kill stuff and mount. We're going in!

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Hi & welcome to the pistol section.

There is a funadmental difference between the springer and SSP (HW40 for example) and that is that you can dry fire an SSP but not, under any circumstances, a springer.

What discipline are you interested in? Back garden plinking or paper target shooting. If it is the latter the HW40 is an excellent pistol for a beginner. It is very accurate, has no recoil and if you get a new one you will benefit from superb fibre optic sights. The sights are also fully adjustable for windage (left to right) & elevation (up & down).

Come and check out the UBC (Umarex Boys Club)

http://www.umarexboysclub.co.uk/

We are an informal e mail target shooting club. You will find a warm welcome there and lots of advice, just ask

ATB
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by fannin View Post
    hi all, i am new to this forum but have been lurking for a while, great forum

I am considering a new air pistol, i don't want to have to buy c02 or fill it up with air so i was looking for a spring pistol when i came across the Weirauch HW40 pca pistol and it's manual pneumatic action instead of a spring.

How does the HW40 compare to the spring pistols (which i know nothing about i should add) and is there any advice you can give regarding it?

many thanks

Hi fannin, welcome to the wonderful word of Airgunbbs.

As for choice of pistol, if you've not used a pistol on a regular basis then I would recommend the HW40 or the Beeman clone. Being almost recoil free they give you confidence in your shooting unlike a spring gun that needs more of a technique to get good results.

Start with this first then get a springer.

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post

There is a funadmental difference between the springer and SSP (HW40 for example) and that is that you can dry fire an SSP but not, under any circumstances, a springer.

What discipline are you interested in? Back garden plinking or paper target shooting. If it is the latter the HW40 is an excellent pistol for a beginner. It is very accurate, has no recoil and if you get a new one you will benefit from superb fibre optic sights. The sights are also fully adjustable for windage (left to right) & elevation (up & down).

We are an informal e mail target shooting club. You will find a warm welcome there and lots of advice, just ask

ATB
    i didn't know that you should not dry fire a springer

to be honest, i like to plink cans and the like and also like to shoot paper targets.

thank you for replying

ATB
    and thanks for the invite to the club! appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by instantcat View Post
    Basicly the HW40 has no recoil (well very little) so would be easier to shot.
    Personly for plinking etc i like the recoil as it gives some "feed back" when you pull the tirgger. I would recomen a HW45 very nice and can be picked up at around £130 second hand off here.
    thank you

is the HW45 more powerful than the hw40?

is the HW45 more powerful than the hw40?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    Yes
    how about the HW75 pneumatic? sorry i meant to ask about that one too in my earlier question and it slipped my mind

how does the HW75 compare to the HW40 and HW45 power-wise?

many thanks for the advice

I was seriously looking at (pretty much ready to buy it) the webley alecto but i'm left handed and i need something with fairly ambidextrous grips

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Webley now make L/H grips for the Alecto It's avery nice pistol as well.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

how about the HW75 pneumatic? sorry i meant to ask about that one too in my earlier question and it slipped my mind

how does the HW75 compare to the HW40 and HW45 power-wise?

many thanks for the advice
    HW75 develops similar power to the HW40 and a lot less than the HW45.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Webley now make L/H grips for the Alecto It's avery nice pistol as well.
    i know but it's more expensive and it wouldn't just be for me: i'm the only left hander

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    HW75 develops similar power to the HW40 and a lot less than the HW45.
    really?

so if i've got it right: the hw40 and hw75 are the same power (why so much difference in price if so?)

the hw45 and the alecto have variable power levels up to full power and are much more powerful than the hw40 and hw75, are they as powerful as each other (hw45/alecto)?

really?

so if i've got it right: the hw40 and hw75 are the same power (why so much difference in price if so?)
    You don't pay for the power

the hw45 and the alecto have variable power levels up to full power and are much more powerful than the hw40 and hw75, are they as powerful as each other (hw45/alecto)?
    The 45 is a springer and should be near to full power with one cock
    The Alecto is a pumper like the 40 and the 75 but with multiple cocks it gets to near full power.

Theoretically the pumpers should be more accurate however I have found that an HW45 with a consistent hold is capable of 1" @ 10m (well lets say that that is all I am capable of ) which is plenty accurate enough for plinking.

In my opinion plinking is about fun and multi-pumping any gun reduces the fun factor considerably so I'd take the 45 over the Alecto, else use the Alecto mostly at powers that are comparable to the 40/75.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS