Thread: .22

While I know all the target brigade tend to favour .177 for its flatter trajectory etc etc,

But for moi, with my 8 metre home indoor range i.e my hall and living room and my 6 metre garden range(work in progress), would I be any worse off for sampling .22, variety being the spice off life and all that?

My current pistol like all my previous one's is .177 and I have no complaints, but at these short ranges would the more curved trajectory really be that noticeable?

Kind Regards

Sonny

BigEars Guest
    I could be wrong but I think the available 0.22 pistols are pretty powerful compared with undoctored 0.177s; and would doubt that you'd be at a disadvantage up to 10m.
    CMIIW

I know your game, you're making a case to yourself for another pistol, admit it! :-)

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I agree with Big Ears.

On both counts.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Well, your both right!

I really like my HW75, but I do regret doing a swap with my HW45 to get it, And trying to explain to her indoors why I want exactly the same pistol again wont go down well at all!

So a .22 one seems the ideal soloution! as its er...different!

And I have heard the .22 45 shoots abit smoother as well, not that I thought my old .177 one shot harshly of course,

Crikey though - your a perceptive bunch

Regrads

Sonny

BigEars Guest
    Get an HW 45 in 0.22, it's massive fun to shoot and mine makes the pellet stands at the club rock backwards. That's even before you take the smoke from the dieseling into account.

There's guy in Carluke makes really nice moulded wooden grips for them too, just in case your good lady was wondering about your birthday.

If you look around, the HW45 is frequently for sale with both .177 and .22 barrels. Then you can say "it's different", .22, and "oh look, it's come with a spare barrel in case I wear one out"
    Best of both worlds.

And if you really need an excuse to buy more pistols, show her the UBC competition results site. There are four categories for four different types of pistol, and you'd really really like to be able to compete in all four.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I for one much prefer my .22 webley premier to the .177 version the only problem that I have found is that the .22 tends to give raged holes in paper targets. The .177 holes tend to be rounder on the other hand I can get better grouping with .22 you should get better shaped holes with the HW45 as is more powerfull or so they keep on telling us.