Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expensive mistake...

Expensive mistake...

I accidentally clicked onto the Air Pistols section, I remembered the happy days of my childhood shooting 3 or 4 tins of pellets each weekend with my Webley Junior.

Then I read a few threads, and a few more. All of a sudden I have a hankering for a pistol again.

Posh plinker and maybe some HFT, seems like a Rohm twinmaster top might be suitable I think to myself. And that's how easy it is to be drawn in, just one click.

Have I lost the plot? Should I slink back to the General Airgun section, or consider a different pistol perhaps?

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    humm posh plinker...

....have you considered an lp50e???
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Not that posh!

Don't really like most of the CO2 guns (Gamo and a 92FS), I tried a few and they didn't do it for me. Very low power, cheaply made and leaky. They may be better now but are still not going to be any use for knokdowns at 25 yards.

Not after a replica. I get to shoot the real thing and so CO2 copies feel strange to me.

Considered the Rohm Trainer, it looks well made and seems to have a good reputation. However, as I have PCP's and charging gear it seems to make sense to go that route. The twinmaster top would be the top of my budget really.

Go for a Brocock Aim-X - plenty in the for sale section

Very muzzle heavy so perhaps the Atomic?

Unless you want a multi-shot that is then there's the Falcon FN8 or the Rohms.

My posh plinker is My FWB C55
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Ah, that's the trouble you see. The Air Pistol section is the most addictive thing yet discovered.

One click and you're hooked

Don't worry though, you're among friends
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

There's also the FX Ranchero, best lookin pistol of the wooden stocked PCP type in my opinion, it has more of a target style grip.

I tried the brocock variety in the shop and for me, very front heavy and the grip was a pile of pants! Everything about it is wrong!

If you want an authentic pistol experience with a degree of challenge, I'd say get a springer like a HW45.

Oh yea, and check out the UBC online comps http://www.ubc.btik.com/p_Home.ikml
    Last edited by Thanaton23; 19-05-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    There's also the FX Ranchero, best lookin pistol of the wooden stocked PCP type in my opinion, it has more of a target style grip.

I tried the brocock variety in the shop and for me, very front heavy and the grip was a pile of pants! Everything about it is wrong!

If you want an authentic pistol experience with a degree of challenge, I'd say get a springer like a HW40.

Oh yea, and check out the UBC online comps http://www.ubc.btik.com/p_Home.ikml
    little slip up there or typo?

Take a look at the Webley Alecto (new £170 approx). I have used mine on indoor 10 metre range on one pump, but as it has a 3 pump action for greater power and adjustable foresight for longer range (just twists up), may suit your needs.
    Regards, Phil

Looks like the Rohm Twinmaster top would be good for HFT, but not suitable for the UBC competitions. Whilst the Rohm Trainer would be suitable for the latter.

I'll take a look at the Brococks etc as well.

I knew I should never have started reading these threads. A couple of months from now I probably have two or three pistols and be collecting all the clobber and gadgets that invariably go with any shooting discipline. Bugger.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Looks like the Rohm Twinmaster top would be good for HFT, but not suitable for the UBC competitions. Whilst the Rohm Trainer would be suitable for the latter.

I'll take a look at the Brococks etc as well.

I knew I should never have started reading these threads. A couple of months from now I probably have two or three pistols and be collecting all the clobber and gadgets that invariably go with any shooting discipline. Bugger.
    Only two or three Are you sure
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Synthasy2000 View Post

The Atomic is much better than the Aim-X Grand Prix, IMHO. Still top heavy but much more compact & manageable. I agree the grip is too thin though. It would be great with a custom semi-target style grip.

Rifles are for great for serious use, but nothing beats pistols for plinking.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I can sell you a nice HW45, your not far from me either
    It's in the for sale section if your interested.

Cheers
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    I accidentally clicked onto the Air Pistols section, I remembered the happy days of my childhood shooting 3 or 4 tins of pellets each weekend with my Webley Junior.

Then I read a few threads, and a few more. All of a sudden I have a hankering for a pistol again.

Posh plinker and maybe some HFT, seems like a Rohm twinmaster top might be suitable I think to myself. And that's how easy it is to be drawn in, just one click.

Have I lost the plot? Should I slink back to the General Airgun section, or consider a different pistol perhaps?
    Think yourself damn lucky you didn't "hanker" after a Steyr then.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthasy2000 View Post

I thought your Really posh plionker was a Steyr.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Ah, that's the trouble you see. The Air Pistol section is the most addictive thing yet discovered.

One click and you're hooked

Don't worry though, you're among friends

Yeah....BROKE friends