Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advice on beretta 92fs

Need some advice on beretta 92fs

Hi folks
    I have been plinking with beretta 92fs for about a month ,put about 3000 pellets through it ,what I've noticed is that the first 3mags 24 shots are quite powerful then the power drops considerably,with shots only denting cans,then losing complete power at around 60-70 shots on a new co2 capsule.
    Is this normal or do i have to get something fixed on the pistol.

Sanj
    Last edited by sks01773; 20-05-2010 at 11:21 AM.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    One of the other guys will be along with an answer, I've got my Beretta in bits before I've put any pellets through it!
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I've not got a Beretta but I've got a CP88 with the 6" barrel. I find the power does start dropping off after a few mags. I have 8 mags so 64 shots and usually replace a bulb after firing those off, although it still has enough to fire another couple at reduced power. I just thought of it as par for the course.

You will find if you shoot quickly that power will drop off faster, as the bulb gets colder.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I agree with Adam. I have a Beretta and eight mags. Normally does the eight and perhaps two more before I change the co2. The power seems to be quite consistant for 8-10 mags. I use Geco's or Hobby's, and haven't noticed any change in accuracy between the two .
    Cheers . Alan

yeah i use geco' too

Hi Sanj, what brand of co2 are you using, the cheaper ones don't always have the full 12g they should have. A lot of us shoot targets, so there is a bit of a rest time between each shot, so the co2 doesnt cool down as fast as rapid fire at tin cans, the colder the co2 the less power in each shot.

I have never had any problems with my beretta shooting cans, but to be honest i'm more interested in hitting them than actually put holes in the can.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Cookie Iam using the one from the sponsor above,got a pack of 20 brass coloured Walther make,
    every fifth co2 i use a crosman one to keep everything working.
    I find shooting the cans no problem up to 20 meters away ,beretta is very accurate once you sort out sight,it is just that at those distances you notice when power is dropping rapidly ,that why i thought i might have a problem,what i shall do is change the co2 after 8 mags to keep the power consistent
    Last edited by sks01773; 22-05-2010 at 10:09 PM.

To be honest I wouldn't bother putting any more than five or six mag's through it on a fresh CO2 capsule.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Have a 92FS and it is accurate, but when all is said and done,

It is a six to ten yard gun, rapid magazine changes will cause the powerlet to cool quickly so losing power,

A good remedy is to buy another type of Co2 Pistol and shoot that whilst the other one regains warmth and pressure

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    Have a 92FS and it is accurate, but when all is said and done,

It is a six to ten yard gun, rapid magazine changes will cause the powerlet to cool quickly so losing power,

A good remedy is to buy another type of Co2 Pistol and shoot that whilst the other one regains warmth and pressure
    I followed this logic, and ended up with 4 . Were I to continue following this reasoning I'd need to end up joining Sol's Gun buyers anonymous

But I'd not an addict yet, honest. No really I can stop anytime I want to.

With regards the 92fs, I think normaly I put about 8 mags through it before changing the capsule.

all the best

mal
    Did you know that Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Did you know that a Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.

Quote Originally Posted by malp View Post
    I followed this logic, and ended up with 4 . Were I to continue following this reasoning I'd need to end up joining Sol's Gun buyers anonymous

But I'd not an addict yet, honest. No really I can stop anytime I want to.

With regards the 92fs, I think normaly I put about 8 mags through it before changing the capsule.

all the best

mal
    Oh Bugger!

Malp please send help, 13 pistols and one coming

Quote Originally Posted by ratgunner View Post
    Oh Bugger!

Malp please send help, 13 pistols and one coming
    There's no easy solution mate, except for spend all your money on other things so you can;t afford to bvuy another pistol

all the best

mal
    Did you know that Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Did you know that a Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.

Ihave been plinking in garden during the hot weather,with the beretta,i have noticed that crosman co2 capsules are peforming much better than the umarex walther brass coloured capsules,iam getting more accurate and more powerful shots at cans and targets at 20 meters,i have also apllied napier power lube to pellets.is this the norm for co2 because i will only buy crosman co2 now.

I don't rate the brass-coloured Walther caplets and steer well clear of the pre-lubed Crosman ones ever since they gummed up the internals on my Walther Nighthawk.

I can however recommend the JSR unbranded bulk-pack powerlets available from our sponsor - cheap as chips and superbly consistent; I've not had a bad one yet. I know plenty of other UBC members swear by them, too.

Rapid-fire is always going to cause the CO2 to cool rapidly resulting in loss of power. If you can restrain yourself, rapid-fire an eight shot mag in your can mangling and then leave the gun alone for a couple of minutes before reloading to let the CO2 warm up again.

As has already been said, around 7 or 8 mags worth per caplet, although I tend to keep it to 5 or 6 for target work.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    I don't rate the brass-coloured Walther caplets and steer well clear of the pre-lubed Crosman ones ever since they gummed up the internals on my Walther Nighthawk.

I can however recommend the JSR unbranded bulk-pack powerlets available from our sponsor - cheap as chips and superbly consistent; I've not had a bad one yet. I know plenty of other UBC members swear by them, too.

Rapid-fire is always going to cause the CO2 to cool rapidly resulting in loss of power. If you can restrain yourself, rapid-fire an eight shot mag in your can mangling and then leave the gun alone for a couple of minutes before reloading to let the CO2 warm up again.

As has already been said, around 7 or 8 mags worth per caplet, although I tend to keep it to 5 or 6 for target work.
    That where i got the pack of 20 capsules from jsr,from #### auction site,and they sent me the brass walther ones,but on the site they said it is there own brand