Thread: Steyr Sportwaffen LP10 Wanted

Steyr Sportwaffen LP10 Wanted

Advert placed in wanted section for 10 metre target shooting
    Regards, Phil

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    everyone wants one
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Try Surrey Guns they have a good range of match pistols.

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    everyone wants one
    It is odd!
    I'm after a target pistol (Maybe an LP50?), and so are a few other people I know, so how come it is so difficult to get hold of one?
    Most of the dealers websites say that these are special order, or that they are out of stock. I've read that an order could take many weeks to fulfil.
    I thought that in the current economic climate, everyone would be desperate to get their hands on your cash, but when it comes to target pistols, you just can't give it away!
    Are the Target pistol manufacturers so well off they don't need our money?

Bob.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    there's one in litts in newport.
    not sure if its the 10 or the 50
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Sol

Thanks, rang Litts but they have no s/h ones in stock.
    Regards, Phil

Surrey Guns have a second hand LP10E advertised on the website
    Steyr LP10E; Weihrauch HW100S .22; Air Arms Pro Sport .177; Career 707 Mk2 .22; Steyr LP2; FWB 65; various others

Sportsmans gun centre is NOT an official importer no matter what crap they give you and the Steyr UK 2yr warranty WILL NOT be honoured. So if you are thinking of buying new (and you can get a new LP10 from Harry Preston for £1270) I wouldn't entertain getting one from anywhere other than Harry & Sue Preston or ENSURE that your chosen dealer is supplied by them. However, if you are buying second hand the warranty issue won't matter, as the 2yr Steyr warranty only applies to the original buyer.

I have looked at the sites mentioned previously in this thread and on the face of it, for the prices they are asking, you'd be better off buying new. Harry has 3 in stock at the moment (all Silver, no Black). The cylinders now have a 10yr life span, after which steel ones may be inspected and permitted for a furtherr 5yrs but Aluminium ones HAVE to be destroyed.

I phoned Harry earlier this week and was given the information I have just repeated here, so it is current and up-to-date info. If I'd had the cash, I would have visited Harry already

Kind Regards
    Bob
    Last edited by BobSki; 21-05-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: for inaccuracies
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Unfortunately I do not have enough cash for a new one at the moment, so need to keep looking for a s/h one. Have spoken to Harry and he was very helpful, and is keeping an eye out for me. In the meantime hope to get lucky here.
    Regards, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    The cylinders now have a 10yr life span, after which steel ones may be inspected and permitted for a furtherr 5yrs but Aluminium ones HAVE to be destroyed.
    Doesn't apply in the UK (apart from top level ISSF competitions). Have a read
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Surrey Guns (Sportsmans gun centre) is NOT an official importer no matter what crap they give you, neither are Surrey Guns and the Steyr UK 2yr warranty WILL NOT be honoured. So if you are thinking of buying new (and you can get a new LP10 from Harry Preston for £1270) I wouldn't entertain getting one from anywhere other than Harry & Sue Preston. However, if you are buying second hand the warranty issue won't matter, as the 2yr Steyr warranty only applies to the original buyer.

I

Kind Regards
    Bob
    I think you should remove your comment as I get all my guns from harry Preston and I cannot believe that harry would had told you such a comment about me as I am he’s preferred supplier for the south east.

Peter
    Surrey Gun

Quote Originally Posted by psf32 View Post
    I think you should remove your comment as I get all my guns from harry Preston and I cannot believe that harry would had told you such a comment about me as I am he’s preferred supplier for the south east.

Peter
    Surrey Gun
    Sorry Peter, I must have got your name on the wrong side of the equation. My apologies.

On Monday Harry was telling me about the Sportsman Gun centre and other dealers not being bonafide uk importers as he (Harry Preston) is the SOLE UK Importer. I must have got your dealership confused with those. I HAVE JUST CONFIRMED THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE PRESTONS OFFICIAL OUTLETS, so again, I apologise for my mistake.

What I would say to EVERY prospective purchaser of a NEW Steyr air rifle or pistol is to check that you are getting your gun from an official source such as Peter's Surry guns, Blackpool air rifles etc so you are not left high and dry with the warranty.

ATB
    Bob
    Last edited by BobSki; 21-05-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Sorry Peter, I must have got your name on the wrong side of the equation. My apologies.

On Monday Harry was telling me about the Sportsman Gun centre and other dealers not being bonafide uk importers as he (Harry Preston) is the SOLE UK Importer. I must have got your dealership confused with those. I HAVE JUST CONFIRMED THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE PRESTONS OFFICIAL OUTLETS, so again, I apologise for my mistake.

What I would say to EVERY prospective purchaser of a NEW Steyr air rifle or pistol is to check that you are getting your gun from an official source such as Peter's Surry guns, Blackpool air rifles etc so you are not left high and dry with the warranty.

ATB
    Bob
    thanks BOB

If you are still looking to buy a Steyr Sportwsaffen LP 10 I know of one for sale.
    dingleygraham@gmail.com

Thanks to everyone as I have now purchased an LP10, however there are people at my club looking for one so let me know details and I will pass on.

Phil
    Regards, Phil