Thread: fwb80 production run

fwb80 production run

hi all,i'd like to shoot the vintage postal comp with my 1984/1985 fwb80 but the rules say pistols of production runs of no later than 1986 ....so does anyone know when the 80 was discontinued ?

In 1983 acc to the blue book!
    ATB,
    yana

Your 80 is fine. The rules were relaxed slightly to include guns which are out of production but whose production runs went past 1986 as long as the actual gun was manufactured before 1986, hence my FWB65 which was made in the early 70s is OK even though 65s were made up until the 90s. It's an informal comp anyway.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    In 1983 acc to the blue book!
    thank you Yana,better than I expected

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Your 80 is fine. The rules were relaxed slightly to include guns which are out of production but whose production runs went past 1986 as long as the actual gun was manufactured before 1986, hence my FWB65 which was made in the early 70s is OK even though 65s were made up until the 90s. It's an informal comp anyway.
    thanks Adam,i'll get my postal comp scores in asap...loving these comps

Easy to get the production date from FWB

Hi, if you send an email asking form the date your pistol was made to info@feinwerkbau.de (include the model and serial number) you will probably get a reply in less than 48 hours.

A nice chap there called Patrick told me that my FWB Modell 65 s/n 78585 that I'll be using for the postal comp was made in 1976.

HTH, John
    Cheers, John
    AA 510 AirMasters88 Reg, MTC Viper, AA 400 AirMasters88 Reg, AA TX200, Aeron BRNO B96, FWB 65, FWB 80 Walther CP88

I'm a retuner to air pistol target shooting and I'm collecting and shooting those pistols I used to drool over in the late 70's. I'm shooting the 6yd MPL run by the Classic air pistol association and I'm interested in the mention at the start of the thread that there is a postal vintage competion with a date cut off for the pistol- I have searched but I cannot find it on the net, and anyone put me out of my misery and tell me where to find it - infact any postal pistol comps that can be shot at home would be nice to know about.

Many thanks
    George

Ps perhaps I should ask this in the competition section!