Thread: 2nd hand pricing for LP10?

2nd hand pricing for LP10?

Could anyone give me their opinion on how much a 2nd hand LP10, of the order of 3 years old, would go for on the used market please? If relevant, boxed, complete, undamaged etc etc.
    Thanks

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    The usual rule of thumb on here for used prices is 2/3rds of the new price for one in very good condition with all original bits and bobs present.

Thanks - that would be my starting point as well. Perhaps for one which is a few years old (bearing Steyr-Mannlicher as opposed to Steyr-Sportwaffen, which is the newer incarnation) somewhere between 50-60% of new.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there is any particular difference between a Steyr-Mannlicher and a Steyr-Sportwaffenwaffen LP10 in terms of mechanical or cosmetic differences?

I'm concerned that there may have been an improvement in the several years since the S-M one was made which is now in the newer ones.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by py6km View Post
    Thanks - that would be my starting point as well. Perhaps for one which is a few years old (bearing Steyr-Mannlicher as opposed to Steyr-Sportwaffen, which is the newer incarnation) somewhere between 50-60% of new.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there is any particular difference between a Steyr-Mannlicher and a Steyr-Sportwaffenwaffen LP10 in terms of mechanical or cosmetic differences?

I'm concerned that there may have been an improvement in the several years since the S-M one was made which is now in the newer ones.
    cosmetically there is quite a bit of difference.

ones got Steyr-Mannlicher down the side the other has Steyr-Sportwaffenwaffen
    Last edited by sol1821; 21-05-2010 at 06:50 PM.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Imo, the sech prices for LP10's can be crazy highThey're so wanted, that their sechand prices sometimes are higher than other brands newprices!

So, be SURE you want an LP10, and be willing to pay for it!
    Otherwise, check out other brands as well.
    For euro prices, check egun.de for references.
    ATB,
    yana

On the LP10 the newer versions will have a ball bearing trigger and a roller on the cocking linkage to make it smoother. But there is not a lot in it if you can find a nice older example.

I did and I am very happy indeed with it.
    Mine is from October 2005. I think I paid about £550 for it, but the prices have gone silly recently.

HTH

Mark

A mate of mine paid £500 for one about 18 months - two years ago in good condition. More for the ball bearing trigger model.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

I paid £700 for a lovely silver example a year ago. Older model, 2003 I think, but cased and near mint. But I got loads of extra kit with it including a Rink grip which was too big for me, 3 cylinders and a Combro. After selling the bits I didn't need it really cost £550.

It's Cookie's fault. I shot his and I had to have one.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius