Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: gun buyers anonymous*

Hello my name is airgunnut and I'm a air gun nut! sorry addictI once lost my sanity and lost interest in shooting All better now though as proof a list of my guns will follow

my guns
    falcon fn 19 single shot
    falcon fn8 pistol
    falcon prairie single shot
    falcon fn 19 hawk 8 shot (sold i wore out the multi shot system)
    air arms s200 10 shot retrofit
    Gun power stealth (sold as it was to inconsistent)
    career 707 (sold cannot get on with 22)
    anics skif a 3000 f1 (sold magazine kept jamming)
    sheridan eb 17
    walther cp 99 (sold lost my sanity & interest in shooting, All better now though )
    weihrauch 45 pistol (hw 45)
    rohm twinmaster pistol (sold trigger too heavy cannot adjust)
    drulov du-10 pistol (sold to get the walther)
    walther lp 300 pistol
    smith & wesson 6" pistol
    Last edited by airgunnut; 19-02-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Forgot a gun

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Hello,
    My name is Nick and I'm addicted to Air Pistols and Air Rifles, it's been 1 day since I bought a gun and I have, no, I can't do it, I cant admit how many I have!
    I propose a weekly meeting on this thread for all fellow adicts to stand up, be counted, admit their addiction, and state how long since they last fell off the wagon
    I must resist,
    I must try harder,
    Nick
    you got one the day before as well didn't you??

Jason has taken to saying on every sales thread, after you've said yes please, 'there's another one'
    he obviously hasn't read the stickies
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I resisted the HW75 this morning.
    I saw it minutes after it was posted, nearly bought it but managed to be strong
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoochimp View Post
    'Anyone who said that "Money Can't buy happiness" doesn't know where to shop'.

I'm getting to the age that I'm only going to buy small things that will fit in the coffin - so pistols make perfect sense!

He who has MOST toys when he dies WINS!

I hope that helps
    Yep, see my sig
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Want to get the pistol arsenal down to a top quality C02 repeater for Police: a top quality single shot for 6 yard, 10 meter, and (USA) NRA Qualification Awards: a real kick-arse single shot with a scope for distance work: and a spinger, for when I want to feel the kick!

Jim

Oh, and a Vintage or two.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    C'mon now Sol, pull yerself together lad.
    We've all been through this to some degree. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
    Sort out what you what and what you need, there is a difference.

Stiff upper lip and all that.

If only I can find that Browning 800 Mag pistol in 22.

Remember we're here to help and support (read encourage) you.

Good luck, Phil
    Phil: at 600 fps, are you sure that Browning, in .22. is UK-legal?

If so, I can get one for you at $155.00.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by airgunnut View Post
    my guns
    falcon fn 19 single shot
    falcon fn8 pistol
    falcon prairie single shot
    falcon fn 19 hawk 8 shot (sold i wore out the multi shot system)
    airms s200 10 shot retrofit
    career 707 (sold cannot get on with 22)
    anics skif a 3000 f1 (sold magazine kept jamming)
    sheridan eb 17
    walther cp 99 (sold lost my sanity & interest in shooting, All better now though )
    weihrauch 45 pistol (hw 45)
    rohm twinmaster pistol (sold trigger too heavy cannot adjust)
    drulov du-10 pistol (sold to get the walther)
    walther lp 300 pistol
    smith & wesson 6" pistol
    Do you actually find time to shoot them all?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Do you actually find time to shoot them all?

Jim
    NO I'm just concentrating on the lp 300 as in a comp at the moment but the S&W is used to....UNWIND....
    the rest will be dusted off as my club has just opened a new plinking range

I don't think I'm nearly worthy of even being in the room with such great buyers and owners of pistols as yourselves.

It's been well over a month since I've bought a pistol

But on the plus side that does mean that the rehab is going well tho or that the finances ain't

all the best

mal
    Did you know that Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Did you know that a Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.

SIGNS OF GUN ADDICTION
    Within seconds of purchase the receptors in the brain have released an overdose of the pleasure chemical, dopamine.

This creates sensations of euphoria and empowerment before a decline requiring another 'hit'.

One will notice an increase in talkativeness and energy and the prospective buyer will discuss minutiae 'nuts and bolts' or grandiose plans (like 'investing' in guns, building Gun Racks, converting Gun Rooms) or embark on often unachievable projects (like creating Home Ranges, FT Clubs or Small Armies).

When the high wears off, they may become irritable, easily angered and sleep excessively.
    They often have no appetite and lose weight quickly OR conversely eat excessively and pile weight on.

Regardless of basic needs they spend inordinate amounts of time on Gun Sites and Fora like BBS.

Personal grooming declines.

Gun folk or Gang Bangers (as addicts are known) start to favour gang based durable/waterproof Coordinated Camouflage Clothing with high price labels and 'sick' (good) 'gun related patches & badges' like 'Daystate', 'Walther', Steyr, and 'Evo2' with Machismo Street-Cred'.

Financial Signs:
    Even though air-gun buying may at the beginning be cheaper than many drugs like crack and heroin, the 'High' may only last a brief time, so more guns and gun accessories are quickly required.

Addicts, even if they have good jobs, will sometimes become desperate for extra cash, denying the true cost of their past or next 'deal' and/or become scheming and cleverly deceitful in pursuit of the fix (sometimes even 'professionals' may hide guns and expensive scopes).

Many addicts resort to more than one 'Dealer'.....in seeking to 'score'. They share equipment, information and sources.

If they suddenly start borrowing from friends or family or getting cash advances from work, they are likely using the money to buy air-guns OR air-gun Magazines and 'Stuff'.

BUT there IS help at hand... Remember - I can and I WILL

....Probably buy some more!
    Last edited by Typhoochimp; 23-05-2010 at 08:44 AM.
    "Indecision is the key to Flexibility"

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhoochimp View Post
    SIGNS OF GUN ADDICTION
    Within seconds of purchase the receptors in the brain have released an overdose of the pleasure chemical, dopamine.

This creates sensations of euphoria and empowerment before a decline requiring another 'hit'.

One will notice an increase in talkativeness and energy and the prospective buyer will discuss minutiae 'nuts and bolts' or grandiose plans (like 'investing' in guns, building Gun Racks, converting Gun Rooms) or embark on often unachievable projects (like creating Home Ranges, FT Clubs or Small Armies).

When the high wears off, they may become irritable, easily angered and sleep excessively. They often have no appetite and lose weight quickly OR conversely eat excessively and p weight on.

Regardless of basic needs they spend inordinate amounts of time on Gun Sites and Fora like BBS.

Personal grooming declines.
    Gun folk or Gang Bangers (as addicts are known) start to favour gang based durable/waterproof Coordinated Camouflage Clothing with high price labels and 'sick' (good) 'gun related patches & badges' like 'Daystate', 'Walther', Steyr, and 'Evo2' with Machismo Street-Cred'.
    BUT there IS help at hand... Remember - I can and I WILL

....Probably buy some more!
    looks like im well and truly addicted
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

sign me up

Oh god, I've been good for months and blown it. Not bought a pistol since November*, but now I've just bought eredel's Alecto.

* OK I did buy an EV2 in Feb and an FT scope in March, but they're not pistols....
    Last edited by Adam77K; 24-05-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Adam,
    I think there's a similar thread somewhere for each and every form of shiny-shiny
    You saved me from myself, I nearly went for the Alecto, had the response typed four times
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com