Thread: Hw50s 0.22

Hw50s 0.22

This is an OLD one it has no safety and a smaller diameter tube than the later versions. It does have a Record trigger and is very decent for it's age no rust some small loss of bluing, it's got a new spring and spring guides.

Photo Safari :-

Pic1
    Pic2
    Pic3
    Pic4
    Pic5
    Pic6

The actual but-pad is leather! anyway what's it worth? It's not doing anything so I'm going to sell it.
    Many Thanks Ora

Thats very nice.

Hw50s

Very nice rifle and going by the serial number it dates from around 1966. Got to be worth a bit less than a 35 of the same vintage, say 100 to 120. I've got HW Diopter that would fit it a treat, ponders.....

Out of interest have you chronoed recently?
    Last edited by coburn; 22-05-2010 at 05:50 PM.

As I remember the power is low, this is the old type the piston diameter is lower than the moddern rifle.

Ora

PHOTO's

I HOPE I DO NOT UPSET YOU BUT IT MAKES ME CRINGE TO SEE GUNS PHOTOGRAPHED ON GRAVEL DRIVES AND BRICK WALLS. I FOR WOULD NOT BUY AS THE OWNER SHOWS NO CARE OR RESPECT FOR PIECE OF HISTORY THAT THEY HAVE IN THEIR CUSTODY! Jenny Dipple

How do you know he hasn't lovingly polished each pebble before putting the rifle down?

Jenny.

Then don't offer for it no problem and to make your day I was considering re-using the barrel on a Chinese Co2 rifle and selling on the leftovers.

Being placed not dropped on the pebbles did it no harm and I'm happy but then I don't have a fetish about old air rifles.

Your post is indicative of one of the saddest groups in airgunning, those who take it way too seriously and loose the joy, the fun. Shooting should be fun not a creeping fear of a scratch on a stock. you might want to think about that.

It's a nice little rifle that in over 40 years has suffered a few dings and a little loss of bluing. It's been well used and well loved and above all ENJOYED!!!.
    I would rather see it go to a youngster who would take real pleasure in using it even if they also abuse it than have it become a joyless exhibit with all the fun drained away by it's imagined importance.

Ora
    Last edited by ora8i; 23-05-2010 at 06:29 AM.

Bormla Malta (& sometimes odd bits of Brit)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    I HOPE I DO NOT UPSET YOU BUT IT MAKES ME CRINGE TO SEE GUNS PHOTOGRAPHED ON GRAVEL DRIVES AND BRICK WALLS. I FOR WOULD NOT BUY AS THE OWNER SHOWS NO CARE OR RESPECT FOR PIECE OF HISTORY THAT THEY HAVE IN THEIR CUSTODY! Jenny Dipple
    Far-left side of keyboard; third key up from bottom.

HTH

Adrian

HW50s

Yes old HW's should be used and not given the glass cabinet treatment, however that is a little piece of HW history. Our friends the Yanks would go a little crazy over it, just look at the US websites.

I note you've not had many replies as to value whilst on another thread on here people have been cooing loudly about that Mk3 Supertarget, just goes to show how fickle the collecting scene is.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Far-left side of keyboard; third key up from bottom.

HTH

Adrian
    Adrian- i think jenny was shouting on purpose

Regards, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Well I'd definitely give the HW50s house room and I reckon it's worth £120 to any HW enthusiast. Atb, Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!