Thread: Does anyone collect Gamos?

Does anyone collect Gamos?

Hi All,
    I have tried to contact the admin as I have had to re register my previous name was Ulverston...anyway does anyone collect Gamos-no Im serious they have made some iconic guns. The statical? ASI Sniper? CFX (BSA Polaris)...has the quality dropped since they acquired BSA?

I collect Camo's..is that any good..? (It's nearly the same)

I have lots of luverly patterns..some of which I have knitted myself..

collecting

my gunshop owner seems to....or maybe he can't sell them?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi All,
    I have tried to contact the admin as I have had to re register my previous name was Ulverston...anyway does anyone collect Gamos-no Im serious they have made some iconic guns. The statical? ASI Sniper? CFX (BSA Polaris)...has the quality dropped since they acquired BSA?
    Some people like the ASI Paratrooper, and lots of people like the pistols especially the Compact, the pump-action 1200 rifle is a collector's item too, so there are individual guns which are of interest. I am not sure anyone actually collects the range of them, I was quite interested in a CF16 or CF20 at one point, but collecting the whole marque doesn't appeal. I think they are good value for money rifles but lack the kind of solid 'quality' which makes people want to gather in the whole family like with Feinwerkbau, Weihrauch or BSA.

If someone did want to collect the Gamo range, they would need a very big gun room as they have made a huge number of models over the years, ranging from cheap plinkers to single stroke Match rifles, paramilitary springers to CO2 pistols and FAC-level break-barrel hunting springers. It would be quite inexpensive to put together as well, as most Gamos are cheap second-hand.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 22-05-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi All,

Thought I hadn't seen you on the radar of late.

And no to Gamo collecting.

Good luck, Phil

Smile

Hi Ulverston

I only have one, i bought it from our host a few years ago

Gamo Stutzen..

Again!!

It was a bit problematic shooting all over the place but after a tin of pellets had gone through it, it changed beyond all recognition, a joy to shoot now with all ther twangyness gone and no more flyers

John...

BTW, couldn't Admin reinstate your Ulverston moniker???
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I know people knock Gamo, but their Compact target pistol is excellent imho.

Gamos

I am guilty, Auto 45, PT80, V3, CF 20 x 6, Polaris. The auto 45 is the most fun you can have for abt £50 new, really accurate with lead bb, and cheap ro run. Jenny Dipple

Thanks chaps some wonderful replies! The Stutzen really does look superb-trophy wife syndrome! Looks so good you wouldnt care how it performed! Glad to see people actually own Gamos-I never see them at the club...
    As a side issue I have around 20 rifles-how many do you chaps have? Is it normal to crave more?? I know that GGGR is building the worlds largest collection of BSA Meteors!

Cool

I have around fifty five guns now though about a dozen are pistols

It's a sickness

John

BTW, in the past i've owned a gamo p-23, a compact, a Gamo 1200 which i wish that i had never sold, along with various old springers, Snipers and paratroopers...
    I think i opnly have the Stutty now though..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Gamo

I love my little AF10. A far cheaper plinker than a CO2 pistol and great fun when used with the Gamo lead balls.