Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim McArthur AWOL

Hoping for a speedy recovery Jim...
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Hi Jan, thanks for the update. Say 'Hello' from one ol' boy to another and wish him well.

Maybe some good old fashioned pampering from you may help his recovery. Nothing too much, clean and polish his pistols, do a bit of DIY for him and serve him his meals in his favourite chair while he watches the TV. Just a thought!

Good luck, Phil
    I'll take VERY good care of him, Phil. I am sure he will be up and shooting in no time. Thanks for all of the good wishes, fellows!
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

All the best for a speedy recovery Jim, you're in good hands with Jan, I'm sure she'll look after you until you're better.

Cheryl sends her best also.

Very best wishes from Geordieland - get well soon Jim!

He hasn't got black powder smuts in it has he ?

Give him my bestregards & wish him a speedy recovery !

Cheers

Roy

PS - tried one of those big LazeeBoy chairs when we were out in Ohio last time - do you think he needs one to 'be comfortable' in ? - he could always get the one with the pistol rest attachment

Hi Jan.

My internet has been down, first time on the PC in two days.

Do hope Jim is ok & gets shooting soon enough.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    hey Jan, pass on my best to Jim.
    let him know that the email i sent him has my optical scores for this month in and its worth a look
    that might speed his recovery up
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Get well soon Jim.

Get well soon Jim, missing your wisdom,Graham.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Thanks, Everyone!

I went to the eye doctor yesterday - no, no black powder problems! - but I do have a definite scratch and a possible infection. I have to keep the contact lens out of my left (dominant, stronger, shooting) eye and return to the doctor on Thursday, so will have a lot of shooting to catch up with (and I hope I am able to) this weekend.

PhilG, Sol, I got your Police scores. Everyone else, feel free to send them to me. Regardless of what happens, I will post scores as per usual schedule.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I went to the eye doctor yesterday - no, no black powder problems! - but I do have a definite scratch and a possible infection. I have to keep the contact lens out of my left (dominant, stronger, shooting) eye and return to the doctor on Thursday, so will have a lot of shooting to catch up with (and I hope I am able to) this weekend.

PhilG, Sol, I got your Police scores. Everyone else, feel free to send them to me. Regardless of what happens, I will post scores as per usual schedule.

Jim
    That's sort of good news Jim. At least there's no permanent damage. Take very good care of yourself my man

ATVB
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    That's sort of good news Jim. At least there's no permanent damage. Take very good care of yourself my man

ATVB
    Thanks, Paul.

Will get back with everyone on Friday and let you know how my doctor's appointment worked out.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post

Jim
    In the meantime, I think an eye-patch could well add a touch of exoticism to your frock coat and frilly shirt attire.

Hi Jim, it's good to see you posting again and we're grateful to Jan for updating us.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    In the meantime, I think an eye-patch could well add a touch of exoticism to your frock coat and frilly shirt attire.
    Have you seen Jim? That would make him look like Adam Ant's dad!

Glad to have you back with us, Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Have you seen Jim? That would make him look like Adam Ant's dad!

Glad to have you back with us, Jim.
    Remind me to tell you a funny story about "the pirate from Pirates of the Caribbean that I look like"!

Jim