Thread: ive just had a meteor moment

An over Vacuumed cottage in NEWPORT Isle of Wight

Red face ive just had a meteor moment

rather then mowing the lawns i thought id go plinking

grabbed a mk2 meteor and a tin of superdomes.

ive had a lot of fun this afternoon with this little gun...

brings back memorys of when as a lad i took my older brothers mk2 spent 10 minutes trying to cocking it, loaded a bent pellet i found into it..... lifted the bedroom window(old heavy sash job) and popped a sparrow from about 20 yards got a thrashing for that i tell ye.

i just might breath some life back into this one i have here...
    it needs a new barrel (22) and a bit of love and care but i think its worth it. they are a cracking little gun.

so if anyone has a mk2 barrel kicking about please let me know

I dont know about a barrel but GGGR knows a thing or two about meteors! He gave me an excellent meteor that he had worked on (top man that he is) and I cant seem to miss with it. I think that Meteors are often a little gorgotten about.

the early ones were great, I have a mk6 here I bought for my eldest when he was 8, its just not the same rifle, all tinny and "spanish", the Mk2 I had years ago was my first choice when going ratting it even had a reasonable trigger!

Ive got a meteor bought in about 1980,I too went out plinking,fantastic,would never sell it,the front and rear sights are getting very expensive,some appear on ####,about £28.00 for the set!!