Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10m Season 3 Round 1 Results

10m Season 3 Round 1 Results

Well, I couldn't have wished for a more auspicious start to the new Season with 55 seperate entries, many of whom are new to the wonderful world of the UBC!

I'd like to personally welcome all the new 10m participants and thank everyone who competed for giving up their time and effort; it's very much appreciated.

Without further ado, >>HERE<< are the results.

A special mention must go to poor old Stagg Beater - well done fella, not even Paddy managed that many spoons!

Seriously though, well done on having a go and please stick with it if you enjoyed it -- you'll soon see a big improvement with practice.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    cheers for running this as always Mike,

i forgot to say which stance i used
    sorry it was 2h
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    9 Alectos
    soon to be 11 i think
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Well done to Mike for organising it all.

Thanks to everyone who entered

Weirdly I did better with my Gamo Compact than my Steyr LP10

Chris
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthasy2000 View Post
    Well done to Mike for organising it all.

Thanks to everyone who entered

Weirdly I did better with my Gamo Compact than my Steyr LP10

Chris
    As above, thanks Mike. Great shooting guys, I see the bar's been raised again I need to get more practice in

When you're ready Chris I can swap your LP10 for a Gamo Compact. It's obviously a better pistol
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

really pleased with my effort but please could i ask mikeb to put my alfa co2 sport in the pcp section as it is a dedicated target pistol i feel as if i am cheating myself in that category cheers to everyone.
    Webley tempest, Air Arm TX200HC Mk3 ,Weihrauch HW30

BigEars Guest
    Wow! What a huge number of entries. The standard seems to be hotting up too. Keep it up chaps and thanks to Paddy and Mike.

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    Thanks for your hardwork Mike, now must go the wife is out and i can get some practice in b4 she returns

Cheers everyone, but your continued participation is thanks enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post

sorry it was 2h
    No worries Sol, I've updated the score sheet so at least it'll pull through from next month and you never know, that nice Mr. Egan may just alter the published result for you if you're really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomee View Post
    really pleased with my effort but please could i ask mikeb to put my alfa co2 sport in the pcp section as it is a dedicated target pistol i feel as if i am cheating myself in that category cheers to everyone.
    You have every reason to be pleased with your effort, but the answer is no I'm afraid. You came joint second with a brace of Crosmans, and you were beaten to the punch by a CP88. That tells me that this new-fangled high-end PCP/CO2 Target Pistol malarkey is all well and good for the namby-pamby 6yd competitions, but us real men in the rufty-tufty 10m can hold our own against all-comers, and that includes Linnet and Jan.
    Last edited by MikeB; 24-05-2010 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    sorry it was 2h
    Ah yes, the easy option.
    Real men do it with one hand.
    er......, did I say that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    but us real men in the rufty-tufty 10m can hold our own against all-comers, and that includes Linnet and Jan.
    Hell fire Mike, that's asking for trouble
    You're sure to have jinxed the competition now.

I'll be there again next month (that means thanks Mike)
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I sent in scores for this but I must have done something wrong. They didn't show up.

br22

Quote Originally Posted by br22 View Post
    I sent in scores for this but I must have done something wrong. They didn't show up.

br22
    Sorry to hear that fella, I'll double-check but I'm pretty sure I didn't get an email from the email address as listed in your profile, anyway.

Did you send it to ubc10m.competition@googlemail.com ?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Sorry to hear that fella, I'll double-check but I'm pretty sure I didn't get an email from the email address as listed in your profile, anyway.

Did you send it to ubc10m.competition@googlemail.com ?
    I sent it to ubc10m.competition@googlemail.com on Wed, 19 May 2010 13:46:55 and signed it br22

I didn't send it from the mail address in my profile. it is a spam trap I use.

br22

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Lots of fun, and thanks to MikeB for running it. Just glad I didn't come in last!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by br22 View Post
    I sent it to ubc10m.competition@googlemail.com on Wed, 19 May 2010 13:46:55 and signed it br22

I didn't send it from the mail address in my profile. it is a spam trap I use.

br22
    A thousand apologies, it'a not in my email inbox or my junk email folder so I thought I'd check in Gmail's webmail and there it is - in the spam folder!

Really sorry about that, please PM me with the model of PCP gun you used, and I'll add your score and get the leaderboard updated online.

There's another score which has been entered into the wrong category shot by Les Allum, so I'll wait to hear from you and update both together.

Please remember people - I'll always reply to your scores submission email and if you don't get a response within a day or two, then assume the worst and drop me a PM asking if I got your scores. Spam filters are wonderful things, but unfortunately they're not infallible .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Lots of fun, and thanks to MikeB for running it. Just glad I didn't come in last!

Jim
    Glad you're enjoying it Jim, and welcome back - I hope your eye is better.