Thread: laser sights?

laser sights?

hi, i have got a hw45 and i was thinking of getting a laser sight for it but, i have never had or used one so dont know if they are just a waist of time, the red dot sight that i tried on it didnt work very well but i'm not sure if that was due to its general poor quality. and another thing is that all of the laser sights i've looked at dont seem to have any obvious way of adjusting to zero, they just look like laser pens to me, but i may have been looking at the wrong ones, so anyones advice here would be great thanks. rick

Get a green laser, visible in most lightng condition, but not to forget it must be set to a certain distance to suit you as its Zero,

Then you need to aim of for changing ranges,

HTH, Ratty.

I have a VERY bright Green laser which I fitted to my alecto. There's no reason why it wouldn't fit a HW45 too. Visibility on my unit as demonstrated at Kibworth, goes out to 50yds and it does have the ability to adjust for windage and elevation.

The problem with Lasers (and also with simple red dots) is that you have no structured reticle, like a cross hair or outer circle with which to guage the necessary hold over/under for different distances. As Bernie said, you need to zero them like any other sight, which would give you two zero points but you'd need to guess the hold over/under for the rest.

Lasers also magnify any movement/shaking quite a lot, as 1/32" movement at the muzzle is several inches at the target and it really makes you realise just how bad your shaky nerves are. In my experience the multi-reticle holographic or reflex sight I have fitted is much better than my laser was.

Kind Regards
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

ive also been considering a laser for my hw45, am i limited to trigger guard mounted? any suggestions?

They can be mounted anywhere. On top of your telescopic or on the barrel etc.