Thread: Co2 Pistol recomendation please

Co2 Pistol recomendation please

As I have said in a previous post my wife would like to shoot pistols.

Wieghing every thing up Co2 is the way to go for her.

So what can you guys recomend please, which have the following:-

Magazine
    Rail/Grooves to take a Red dot or Laser
    .177 Calibre
    must be decent as in it will not fall apart.

Price £150 ish.

Naturally she will need to handle one prior to buying but your reccomendations will surely be a big help.

Thank you

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin(rockape) View Post

Magazine
    .177 Calibre

Price £150 ish.

Naturally she will need to handle one prior to buying but your reccomendations will surely be a big help.

Thank you

Martin
    I'd say the cp88 6'' competition as its a nice size and weight,the grips not too chunky and you can buy a sight rail for it I believe....must ask why is a magazine important?

If its not important then a crosman 1740 would be ideal.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    This is a good place to go if your wife wants to handle the pistols. Helpful staff as well

If it's build quality you're after, almost anything from Umarex

http://www.airgunstate.co.uk/
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

I have a CP88, which is good but the trigger is a little stiff and there's no rail for lasers, although you can get an accessory rail that slots into the rear sight groove.

Personally, i'd go for the Umarex Desert Eagle, has blowback which cocks the gun with each shot and apparently cycles the magazine too making it a true semi-automatic. got a rail top and bottom and is nice and accurate.

Another option is the Umarex H&K P30, nice lookin little pistol with a lighter trigger than the CP88. It's also got a rail underneath you could put a laser on. The other advantage with this is it can fire either pellets same as other Umarex guns or it can fire 15 BB's! still has a rifled barrel tho so i wouldn't use the bb's much.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Martin,

I'd recommend you try the Colt 1911, all metal construction and a slimmer grip than many as it's a copy of a gun with a single column magazine.
    All the aftermarket grips for the 1911 Government Colt can be made to fit with a little dremel work

If you came to the IPAS shoot at Redhill Revolvers in a couple of weeks you'd have the opportunity to handle & shoot some or all of the options suggested so far

Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    I'd say the cp88 6'' competition as its a nice size and weight,the grips not too chunky and you can buy a sight rail for it I believe....must ask why is a magazine important?

If its not important then a crosman 1740 would be ideal.
    She would just like to shoot without loading a pellet each and every time.

Regards

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin(rockape) View Post

Magazine
    .177 Calibre

Price £150 ish.

Thank you

Martin
    Hi Martin, I live in Daventry and I own both a Umarex Smith & Wesson 6" CO2 revolver and also a Umarex Beretta 92FS in Black. When I purchased it the Umarex Beretta had issues with piercing the capsules (see other posts on this forum or UBC) but it was returned and replaced I only mention it to be totally honest and fair. I am considering selling my Berretta 92FS & several mags, as I am in the process of replacing it with a Tokyo Marui Hi Capa 5.1 Airsoft for Practical Pistol.

If you and your good lady would like to pop over she could handle/shoot both types of gun and see which she prefers. You could also see the Beretta in action and if you fancy it and we agree a price, take it with you.

No pressure here though, if you just want to shoot it to see what it's like, that's fine too, I will not be "expecting" you to buy it.

Up to you guys, let me know if this is of interest to you.

Kind Regards
    Bob

PS. I also have the dovetail rail that replaces the rear sight to enable the fitting of a red dot. In fact, I also have a Hawk Sport red dot she could try on it too. who knows, I might even be persuaded to part with the dovetail and red dot sight
    Last edited by BobSki; 25-05-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added the PS.
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

I've got a Walther Nighthawk forsale for 150 it is as new and has both the red dot and laser, 2 mags spare Co2 caps and some pellets.

Matt