Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baikal Makarov mods...

Napalm is offline Pickle McLovin'...it's a man thing

Baikal Makarov mods...

I am thinking about modding my Mak. The longer barrel sounds interesting, as does some kind of silencer adapter. The neighbours back in Blighty don't like nasty evil guns (just be glad I'm not bringing the M4 back).

I also wondered if it;s possible to fit some kind of optical sight to the little bugger?
    Glock 19, 43. Two ARs and a few other assorted rifles.

Mak

I'd be also interested in any Mak mods - I have the steel russion amde Mak co2 but although in cast metal would also like to here about the new Umarex version ......
    Any fettlers on here ?
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    new Umarex version looks the part, but really isn't a patch on the 'genuine' thing.
    I've given a couple of Maks a new barrel which has a thread on the end, then you can add a silencer. Which is nice.

Don't know about adding optics though.

check this man, who has done loads to his Mak, including machining off some of the breech. He inspired me to chop 1.5 inches off the springs, as it is RIDICULOUSLY heavy to cock.
    And how to open bottles of beer.

Note the pronounciation, which is: muh-KAR-ev, which was how I pronounced it t'other day to a Russian customer, much to his delight. He did point out that they are crap
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickpan View Post
    Note the pronounciation, which is: muh-KAR-ev, which was how I pronounced it t'other day to a Russian customer, much to his delight. He did point out that they are crap
    They might be crap 9millies but they are bloody well engineered air pistols- even the much-maligned trigger isn't too horrendous if you use the pistol double action.
    'Dieu n'est pas pour les gros battaillons, mais pour ceux tirent le mieux.'

Yus! I laughed along with him, as I was hoping for a sale at somepoint!
    But no. He was just a curious Russian
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickpan View Post
    Yus! I laughed along with him, as I was hoping for a sale at somepoint!
    But no. He was just a curious Russian
    Psst... maybe a spy

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    How about an extended threaded barrel for a moderator, but instead of/as well as fitting a mod use the thread to mount a custom bracket for a red dot sight.
    I've seen hints that this may have been done with the 9mm pistol but haven't found any images yet,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Psst... maybe a spy
    Yes. And maybe a pie.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I am thinking about modding my Mak. The longer barrel sounds interesting, as does some kind of silencer adapter. The neighbours back in Blighty don't like nasty evil guns (just be glad I'm not bringing the M4 back).

I also wondered if it;s possible to fit some kind of optical sight to the little bugger?
    Here you go -

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...scopemount.jpg

As stated above, attaches to the front of the barrel, you could have something more compact made which takes a Umarex scope adapter coming back over the slide,
    ATB,
    Nick

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

What about the neighbors in Chicago? I used to live there (Rogers Park section). Probably the most antigun city in probably the most antigun state in the USA.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Another mod I'm considering ordering these black rubber Makarov grips -

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproduc...eItemID=186183

Regards,
    Nick

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

Remember that in the US, FIREARMS silencers are illegal, unless you have Treasury Department approval.

It's perfectly legal to put a silencer on an airgun: at least, under federal law, since airguns aren't firearms, at federal law. (State and local law may say otherwise).

What I'm getting at is this: if you have a silencer for an airgun that's separate from the airgun or that could be removed from the airgun without destroying the silencer or the airgun, please be sure that the silencer is NOT sturdy enough to work on a firearm: since the law prohibits possression of the firearms silencer, regardless of whether it's attached to a firearm, and regardless of whether you possess a firearm that will fit it.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Here you go -

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...scopemount.jpg

As stated above, attaches to the front of the barrel, you could have something more compact made which takes a Umarex scope adapter coming back over the slide,
    ATB,
    Nick
    I like that where can you get these mods from ?
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

From what I've read it's not a moderator, it's a flash supressor, it's a Russian model, have a browse through makarov.com's photos
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    What about the neighbors in Chicago? I used to live there (Rogers Park section). Probably the most antigun city in probably the most antigun state in the USA.

Jim
    Hi Jim,

I only just read this message, being in transit and whatnot.

Luckily I'm not living in Illinois, but Chicago is my nearest major city Indiana's gun laws are slightly more relaxed. I can go into WalMart and buy anything from a .22 up to a 30-06 including shotguns, with nothing more than my drivers licence

Handguns require a little more but nothing major. And IN is a Shall Issue state too

I just want to play around with my Mak over here while I can't play with the big toys.