Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baikal Makarov mods...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Hi Jim,

I only just read this message, being in transit and whatnot.

Luckily I'm not living in Illinois, but Chicago is my nearest major city Indiana's gun laws are slightly more relaxed. I can go into WalMart and buy anything from a .22 up to a 30-06 including shotguns, with nothing more than my drivers licence

Handguns require a little more but nothing major. And IN is a Shall Issue state too
    Ah, America!

Massachusetts and Boston, New York (State and City), New Jersey, Illinois and Chicago, and Washington D.C. (no state would have it! ) are foreign places.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Napalm is offline Pickle McLovin'...it's a man thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Ah, America!

Massachusetts and Boston, New York (State and City), New Jersey, Illinois and Chicago, and Washington D.C. (no state would have it! ) are foreign places.

Jim
    Vermont surprised me... they're very liberal when it comes to guns, especially concealed carry...
    Glock 19, 43. Two ARs and a few other assorted rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Vermont surprised me... they're very liberal when it comes to guns, especially concealed carry...
    Vermont is the ONLY US state that has always permitted concealed carry, without a requirement for a permit (I believe that one or two others have since followed suit). Their position is that a law abiding adult should be trusted to carry a gun: if he then commits a crime with it, he faces the consequences.

What an idea, for the government to trust its own citizens!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    What an idea, for the government to trust its own citizens!

Jim
    It'll never catch on Jim, at least not on this side of the pond it won't.

All the best for tomorrow by the way, we'll be thinking of you.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    It'll never catch on Jim, at least not on this side of the pond it won't.

All the best for tomorrow by the way, we'll be thinking of you.
    Thank you, Jef.

It did catch on here: 2-3 states now don't even require a permit: about 38 others require one but have removed the discretionary ability from the issuing authorities.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    From what I've read it's not a moderator, it's a flash supressor, it's a Russian model, have a browse through makarov.com's photos
    Regards,
    Nick
    Sorry but I was referring to modifications not moderators .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Sorry but I was referring to modifications not moderators .
    Sorry but you would have to have the modifications custom made - except the grips which you can get from Midway UK
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nickpan View Post
    check this man, who has done loads to his Mak, including machining off some of the breech.

Thanks for the link fella, not seen that one.

I like the idea of machining the breech to make loading a single pellet easier.

hmmm food for thought on that, would it be possible to make it look a bit better with not so much of the slide cut away? eg: to make the cosmetics more pleasing?