Thread: WANTED: Spotting scope and bipod for rimfire

WANTED: Spotting scope and bipod for rimfire

I'm looking for a decent spotting scope with an angled ocular (and ideally one of the metal V footed bipod stands) for .22 rimfire target shooting.
    I've seen various brand new ones; like the Opticron range up to about £100, so thought I'd pop a post on here in case anyone's about to upgrade or has an older model they'd like to move on.
    Ta!
    Anne

Aldi were selling 'scopes last month they were under £30 but looked good value.

Yep, I'd hoped to try one of those but Aldi's here seemed to be hit by a group of target shooting locusts who snaffled up the lot! I've just had a heads up to one listed in the optics section so am hopefully sorted now....

Aldi were selling 'scopes last month they were under £30 but looked good value.
    They are OK at 25 yards, alright at 50 metres but struggle at 100 yards. If you intend using them at the longer range then better to invest in something a bit better quality.

Hope this helps.

Rutty

The Opticron metal bipod £50/55 and the Opticron Piccolo 15-45x60 spotting scope £55/60 , available from Intershoot or Bedfordtargetsupplies are what I use , and are good value for money , if your budget is around £100

spotter

I have a Bushnell for sale at sensible cash in the for sale section under optics
    Gary

Buy the Aldi! I use one and and several members of my club too. Great for 25 and 50 yards but optics are a bit limited for spotting .22 holes at 100. But this isn't a £300 'scope. It comes with a tripod that is the right height too!