Thread: Unidentified BSA - Help wanted

Unidentified BSA - Help wanted

I hope that this is the right room.
    I am stumped. I bought this rifle today. It has got BSA Guns stamped on the barrel .22 calibre. I can't identify it from the usual sources so does anybody have any suggestions?
    (1) The top rifle shows my BSA Ultra - a single shot .22 with a Serial No. 6B2858.
    (2) The bottom rifle is the BSA (?) that I require information about. It is also a .22 rifle with a Serial No. 2B1824. The cocking is the same as the Ultra; the airchamber is the same but longer; the barrel is the same but longer apart from it not being threaded on the end. It has an attachment for a threaded silencer. There is no BSA logo on the heal of the stock but the bolt loading action is the same as the Ultra but has no safety catch.
    I am sure there is a logical explanation but I can't see the wood from the trees. Thanks in anticipation. Old Bull
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder if it could be a John Bowkett tuned model. I know he is able to lengthen the pressure chamber.
    Rich

An over Vacuumed cottage in NEWPORT Isle of Wight
    is it not the hornet?

Oh Yes, I forgot about the hornet!
    Rich

It is indeed an early Hornet, i have 2 here the same, the early ones did not have the laser etched writing on the breech.

Cheers Simon.
    BSA Ultra .177 Regged Nightforce 2.5-10x24

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Its a Hornet. Shoult have it stamped on the r/h side of receiver.

Moved to collectors, they'll tell you who made it, and what the weather was when it was made.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.