Thread: Sederl?

Sederl?

Has anyone heard of a percussion pistol manufacturer named T.H.SEDERL?
    I have just come across this .55 cal/28 bore percussion pistol

It is 16" overall, has a 10.5" barrel, lanyard ring, and the lock has 863 and a stamp that looks like a thistle? the barrel is stamped with makers name T.H.SEDERL, the letters JW, the thistle mark again the barrel band is stamped 12 and the initials J.W.

ANY information about this pistol would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance for any replies
    Bazwong
    Last edited by bazwong; 30-05-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: To add more detail.
    Just too many guns! NO, I was only kidding!

TH. Sederl was a Austrian gunmaker he supplied the Austrian army with rifles & pistols during the 1860's
    There is a pistol he made for sale at: http://www.bolk-antiques.nl/showimag...9&the_start=77
    I hope this information has been useful I have a rifle by him which was originally a muzzle loader built in 1863 but was converted to a breech loader the calibre is 13.9mm X 33mm rimfire.

Nice pistol Bazwong. 1650 euros, had any offers on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    TH. Sederl was a Austrian gunmaker he supplied the Austrian army with rifles & pistols during the 1860's
    There is a pistol he made for sale at: http://www.bolk-antiques.nl/showimag...9&the_start=77
    I hope this information has been useful I have a rifle by him which was originally a muzzle loader built in 1863 but was converted to a breech loader the calibre is 13.9mm X 33mm rimfire.
    Thanks so much Fronteria that is the exact same pistol I have come across
    To Martindl99, yes there has been an offer of £240 but I hasten to add its not for sale right at this moment, but watch THIS space
    ATB
    Bazwong
    P.S. Fronteria, you have PM on its way.

I wouldn't purchase the one on the web site as the stock is cracked through wrist so it's miles over priced 200 Euros would be nearer the value!
    They didn't quite manage to disguise it, if you have a close look you will see it.
    It starts behind the lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    I wouldn't purchase the one on the web site as the stock is cracked through wrist so it's miles over priced 200 Euros would be nearer the value!
    They didn't quite manage to disguise it, if you have a close look you will see it.
    It starts behind the lock.
    I saw the crack in 1 of the close up pics. That price converts to £1,404 a bit OTT I think.
    Fronteria can you email me please
    ATB
    Bazwong