Thread: FWB 300s and FWB 100 Pellet Choice Help

FWB 300s and FWB 100 Pellet Choice Help

Hi, i'm looking to try and get a good quality pellet for both of these FWB's could someone give me a starting point as there are many different sizes of .177 pellet and by the time you go through all the makes it could take a long time, so if there ia anyone out there who has managed to get a resulting good pellet please let me know, I know all barrels will be different, but going from 4.48-4.52 through all the makes is quite daunting.

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    H&N High Speed for the pistol, work your way through the sizes, the practice will benefit you enormously.

Most pistols prefer the smaller sizes. That is, the 49 and 50's.
    I'd try H&N and RWS.
    ATB,
    yana

FWB 300 H&N 4.49 works well for me.A lot of German 10m rifles are choked slightly.

Charles

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    I use RWS r10's in 4.49 for the 300s
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

for my pistols i use jsb 4.50 (yellow tin) rifle pellets.
    slightly heavier than the pistol pellets and better for 20yd or 25m disciplines; so i am told by the steyr technician.

if the pellet falls through the barrell try the next size up.

to be honest i would chose h&n finale match, but the jsb's are much cheaper and i am not good enough to notice the difference!

bench tested jsb's at 20yd and 10 out of 10 pellets all went through the same ragged hole. good enough for me .

try not to get caught up in the pellet testing trap!

stick to a good make and practise.
    steyr lp5,steyr lp10,hw77k,bsa buccaneer .177,bsa scorpion .177,original 6g
    happy with my lot!

Hi,

I use H&N Hi Speed Match 4.49mm in my FWB 100.
    It likes them very much!

Thanks for all the info, I'm trying not to get to bogged down in the whole pellet thing but there are almost to many choices, all I want is a pellet that suits the rifle and pistol and whether it makes a difference to my scores well that would just be a bonus.

It looks like if I start with 4.49 and work from there in both, now to go and find some deals on pellets

Iain D
    FWB 700 Universal, FWB65, Anschuz 1913, BSA Martini MK5, CZ452

My 300s gets JSB 4.52's, is very accurate, and I have no reason to swap about.

You know what though?

As the H&N's are a bit pricey I've been experimenting with Geco's (about £2.60 from JSR) which have been sized using a Sizerpak (about 6 or 7 quid off Eb@y) in my FWB too and they perform really well.
    I may actually start to use them instead.

I do think it's easy to get hung up on pellet choice.

My FWB 300 loves ...

Quote Originally Posted by FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    My 300s gets JSB 4.52's, is very accurate, and I have no reason to swap about.
    .177 JSB 4.52 8.4 gr. Shoots one hole at 20 yards. Lots of shooters have reported that this pellet works great. I can also get one hole from the H&N Finale Match Rifle. I would try these to start and you may not have to go any further.
    All the best,
    Chuck A