Thread: Zeroing How ???

Tim2004 Guest

Zeroing How ???

I need some help on zeroing my rifle, in that I don't have a chuffing clue what I'm doing! What does the scope do in relation to the distance dialed in and the cause and effect. Example if I set my scope to 35 yards and shot at a target that was 25 yards away what happens? Well I know the answer I miss but what is the pellet doing firing high or low? How do I know when I've got zero well I know the answer to this to I hit the target. Also the guys at the range say that the markers on most scopes mean bog all as they never tally with the distance when known for a fact. This was shown to me in that they zeroed it in for me for 25 yards and the dial showed about 18 yards?
    I was advised to put some masking tape on the scope and mark the true distances from 10 to 55 yards.
    All in all my first outing to a proper range (Pontefract) was great a very wellcoming and helpful experiance. I think I'll get tired of my new Weihrauch 98 quite quickly though as it's giving me shoulder gip already (fanny).

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    This should answer most of your questions.

look at Wayne Hudsons set up guide here
    http://www.airgunshed.co.uk/nefta/resources.shtm
    Regards
    Seggy

Thumbs up Tim, have a look at the scope-related demos on this page...

http://www.eatel.net/~amptech/elecdisc/rifledemos.htm

I think much that is now obscure will become clear!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Tim2004
    I need some help on zeroing my rifle, in that I don't have a chuffing clue what I'm doing! What does the scope do in relation to the distance dialed in and the cause and effect. Example if I set my scope to 35 yards and shot at a target that was 25 yards away what happens? Well I know the answer I miss but what is the pellet doing firing high or low? How do I know when I've got zero well I know the answer to this to I hit the target. Also the guys at the range say that the markers on most scopes mean bog all as they never tally with the distance when known for a fact. This was shown to me in that they zeroed it in for me for 25 yards and the dial showed about 18 yards?
    I was advised to put some masking tape on the scope and mark the true distances from 10 to 55 yards.
    All in all my first outing to a proper range (Pontefract) was great a very wellcoming and helpful experiance. I think I'll get tired of my new Weihrauch 98 quite quickly though as it's giving me shoulder gip already (fanny).

Tim2004 Guest

Cheers all

As the title says cheers!

I think if you had put a location in your profile someone near you could have come over and helped you. I have done this to a few Dorset based shooters.

Regards
    Barry
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com