Thread: calling all spring/ gas ram shooters!

Huntingford - Minus 31 Rats, 11 Crows, 15 Jackdaws

calling all spring/ gas ram shooters!

hello,
    Recently sold AAS200 because I wanted to get back into springers, I once owned an SFS tuned 95k but unfortunately it was stolen so i'm left only with my benelli pump action super magnum . . . gets the job done but a little noisy!

thinking about a 90k because of fast lock time to help out with my lazy follow through after PCP shooting but worried about leaks and other probs.
    how would this compare with my tuned 95k which is the only springer I have experience with. . . or would another SFS spring weiharauch be better?
    its between a 90k, 97k + 95k!
    cheers ed.

I have no problem in switching between my 177 S200 & Sirocco .20 at the club ive had the Sirocco for about 18 months and i've had no problems with leaks and its still shooting at 11.6 ft/lbs with H + N ftt's ... i used to have a HW90k but found it a very heavy gun to lug around a shoot all day ... i have toyed with the idea of a Venom tuned springer though

wurzel

Webley Sidewinder smooth accurate and with a faster lock time that a Venom95.

I tried a venom Laser glide 95 directly after shooting my Sidewinder and the lock seemed slower - Ok it's subjective. The trigger on the 95 is marginaly better though.

Try a Sidewinder as well as the others.

Ora

Im a big fan of the hw90k, had one in .22 and loved it, ok they are heavyer then the hw95k but ive owned both and i shot a hell of a lot more with the gasram.the safty can be switched on and off a nice touch.
    easy to fit a silencer to, go on buy one you know you want to......

I have no experience of SFS tuned rifles but choosing between a Venom FAC springer and a FAC HW90K isn't as straight forward as it may first appear.

The 90's have a nice in-line recoil (no torque) and a better safety mechanism. However, it's trigger unit, whilst good, isn't as nice as the Rekord. The extra weight of the 90 may delight or disappoint you.

Have a look at the Air Arms springers as well.

Rustam

Huntingford - Minus 31 Rats, 11 Crows, 15 Jackdaws
    hello again,
    thanks for your input, could I get a price on the sidewinder please? . . . just to get an idea.
    some say that rams have heavy or harsh recoil but this isn't a concern tbh, but i would like a snappy lock time to help myself out a bit!!!
    I really like heavy guns so a 90k seems like a good plan . . . as long as theoben have sorted out any teething problems with their rams.
    many thanks ed