Thread: Rd 1 S3 Vintage & Open Class Rifle Results

Rd 1 S3 Vintage & Open Class Rifle Results

Hi all

Here's the >>Results<< for the first round of the vintage & Open Class Rifle Competition.

All high scores except for me in the 10m Rifle category ,so this will be a very close season with the new target.

Glad to have Mike back into the competition & welcome Andy in the 6yd Vintage pistol.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Fewer competitors this time around, but no less fun for those who did shoot.

The rest of y'all, get those old plinking rifles and pistols out of the drawers and closets, and join in the fun!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    thanks as always paddy.
    the new target is very good

how many people managed a 6 then??
    i got 1 on my second target which made up for the one shot i pulled into the 4.
    would have had one on the first target as well if i was using a .177
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Thanks Paddy for the comp & Jim for the target.

Crikey could the scores have been any closer in the 6yd Open Rifle

In answer to your question Sol I got a 6 on the first target, to be truthful it was more luck than judgement

I can really see the appeal of Bell Target shooting now, what a shame it isn't more commonplace.

Hopefully I'll be able to shoot the 10mtr next month.

Oh and finally, it's great to see Mick back again, now we've got competition. What with him & Sol

Note to self; need much more practice
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    thanks as always paddy.
    the new target is very good

how many people managed a 6 then??
    i got 1 on my second target which made up for the one shot i pulled into the 4.
    would have had one on the first target as well if i was using a .177
    I got one.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Some very close scores this time. It looks like being a very competitive season. Hopefully I'll find time to add the rifle classes next month.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I got a six on the second target. Just as well since I had a poor 1st target.
    The competition's certainly getting stiffer. I reckon a lot of people will be getting within the 5 ring for all the shots and the order will be decided on how many sixes you score.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Thumbs up Comp

Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    I got a six on the second target. Just as well since I had a poor 1st target.
    The competition's certainly getting stiffer. I reckon a lot of people will be getting within the 5 ring for all the shots and the order will be decided on how many sixes you score.
    Good shooting to those who got a 6 i could'nt tell with all the pellets clustered tightly in that area so, i called them all fives (1 flyer = 4 though).thanks to paddy/jim for the comp & the target ...mike...