Thread: HW 99S Tuned by Lyn Lewington and Steve Pope

Thumbs up HW 99S Tuned by Lyn Lewington and Steve Pope

I thought I would put some thoughts down on here on my recently returned tuned HW 99s.

About a month ago I purchased my second HW99s this time in .22. I picked it up when I was staying with my Dad up in Doncaster. I was familiar with the model as I had a .177 version which I have had for about a year. I fitted a V-Mach kit for that one myself and it had made a lot of difference.

This time with the .22 version I wanted to get the barrel properly threaded. On the .177 version I had purchased a HW push on silencer, which although effective was not very pretty. I rang and spoke to Steve Pope regarding the work. He agreed that he could supply the V-Mach kit and carry out the barrel work but it would be Lyn that would be carrying out the tuning.

I spoke to Lyn and arranged a time to send the rifle off. Fast forward >>>

I wish I could effectively put in to words how smooth this rifle is to use now. Its quite simply the smoothest and the quietest spring gun now that I have ever used. Its even smoother than my old HW95k I used to have and that was really easy to cock.

The accuracy of the gun has easily improved, Lyn was able to supply me with some sample pellets that he has had good experiences with, and the H & N FT pellets are definitely the best so far putting pellet on pellet. I am not sure how he has done it but ever since getting the gun back I haven't been able to put it down its so enjoyable to shoot.

The good work Steve has done on the barrel has meant that you hardly hear the gun fire with the HW Silencer attached which is some achievement considering its a spring powered rifle and my Neighbours will be pleased.

I am really pleased with the work that has been done and can highly recommend these guys to anyone. They completed the work as quickly as humanly possible and didn't charge the earth.

Highly recommended

Do you have contact details, please. I'm thinking of having my 97K sorted. It's pretty smooth already, but could benefit from tuning.
    Thanks. Dave

You have an IM

I have IM'ed you his contact details

Good to hear! Lyn's just tuned my hw97 too, and its on its way back here in the post. Really nice guy and very knowledgeable. Very reasonable prices too! Looking forward to seeing how the gun handles. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone considering a tune up or v-mach installation.

nick
    HW97 .22

Quote Originally Posted by dan221081 View Post
    I rang and spoke to Steve Pope regarding the work. He agreed that he could supply the V-Mach kit and carry out the barrel work but it would be Lyn that would be carrying out the tuning.
    Good review but I'm not quite clear on this bit - does Lyn work for Steve?

If not could you send me his details please.
    TX Luvvie

Quote Originally Posted by gunbag View Post
    Good review but I'm not quite clear on this bit - does Lyn work for Steve?

If not could you send me his details please.
    i think he does some work for him but doesn't solely work for him, his number is 07974230549
    HW97 .22