Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Umarex MP5 K PDW 0.177 Co2 Airgun

Quote Originally Posted by securitas88 View Post
    What's the muzzle velocity on this airgun? Interesting to compare it's power to other guns.
    Googling this gun got me an answer of 400 fps with steel BBs from somewhere or other. If a steel BB weighs 7 grains (that's a guess, btw), that would be about 2 1/2 ft./lb.

Regards,
    MikB
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

Hi

There are Umarex markings on the gun, you can see it on the 5th picture.

The Flash Hider does screw off.

I also think there should be a short Magazine with it for the 'k' version.

It does seem to be the same size as the original so upgrades should fit. I think the owner of the gun is looking into it. I shall update the thread if & when he does.

I know the shop that got these had limited supplies. PM me if you would like to know the shop.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Thanks for that Paddy.

I can't actually see the pictures you posted as my work computer doesn't allow access to image sharing sites

Looking at the various pictures online I couldn't see any Umarex markings so it's a wee bit of a shame that they are there.

Are they large markings or do they cover a large area?

Good news about the dimensions of the gun as it could open up a lot of upgrading possibilities
    "Who's the only one here that knows illegal ninja moves from the government?"

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    Thanks for that Paddy.

I can't actually see the pictures you posted as my work computer doesn't allow access to image sharing sites

Looking at the various pictures online I couldn't see any Umarex markings so it's a wee bit of a shame that they are there.

Are they large markings or do they cover a large area?

Good news about the dimensions of the gun as it could open up a lot of upgrading possibilities
    The markings is in a block of white writing right hand side of gun at the rear by the stock release pins. I wouldn't say it's too imposing.

For me I would be to bothered about that, however you could black over the area, or if like me camo it

If all other MP5 attacthments could be fitted that would be

Hope That Helps
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Good man Paddy

You certainly could have a lot of fun 'pimping' the gun

Here's hoping some real or airsoft parts are compatible as there is a huge choice of upgrades out there.

Now what optics could I fit on that rail? (I assume it comes with the Weaver rail?)

Maybe a small EoTech, a Trijicon reflex sight or perhaps an Aimpoint T1?...replica of course!

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    Good man Paddy

You certainly could have a lot of fun 'pimping' the gun

Here's hoping some real or airsoft parts are compatible as there is a huge choice of upgrades out there.

Now what optics could I fit on that rail? (I assume it comes with the Weaver rail?)

Maybe a small EoTech, a Trijicon reflex sight or perhaps an Aimpoint T1?...replica of course!
    Oh there is fun to be had with the pimping

It does come with a weaver clamp that fits on two grooves on the top (like the original). Just make sure you fit it correctly, not like me in the photo's

So again the choice of optics is only limited to your imagination & buget
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Thanks again Paddy, much appreciated.

Hi All
    Just picked up one of these at the CLA Game Fair yesterday.
    Got a good deal on it from the importers Armex Ltd.

I have all day off tomorrow to give it a thourgh testing and will report back
    Does look like fun though
    HW100kt .177, MTC Viper Connect. HW97kt .177, EB Sniper. Brocock .177 Contour XL, Custom Walnut Stock, MTC Viper Connect. Brocock .177 Grand Prix,Walther Red-Dot. HW45 'Silver Star'. Tanfoglio Witness. Walther PPKs. Morrini 'MatchGun' PCP match pistol.

Seems to have several drawbacks - couldn't they make one in metal with a decent co2 canister (88g) so that they could up the power to say 6ft/lb? Then I would be more than happy to empty my pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Rmanthorpe View Post
    Seems to have several drawbacks - couldn't they make one in metal with a decent co2 canister (88g) so that they could up the power to say 6ft/lb? Then I would be more than happy to empty my pockets
    Problem with the larger CO2 is that it would be visible and spoil the effect of the replica imo .

I know this from previous experience with my RAM MP5 when using the skeleton stock .

I still quite fancy one of these and note that several companies in the UK now supply including one that DELIVERS !!

Tempting ...

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

would be nice to have fully auto airsoft version powered by co2,
    does this make a nice muzzle crack by using co2? noticed a guy at our airsoft club using a co2 revolver and that had good power and made a proper sound with the co2

if most airsoft bits fit , theres plenty of used spares on the zeroin forums for mp5s, you can get silencers and other stock options possibly. worth a look at

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
    Hi All
    Just picked up one of these at the CLA Game Fair yesterday.
    Got a good deal on it from the importers Armex Ltd.

I have all day off tomorrow to give it a thourgh testing and will report back
    Does look like fun though
    Ok so I went to test the new MP5 but its faulty
    Upon pulling the trigger it dumps the entire CO2 canister in one go .
    This also caused the action/sliding barrel to swallow up several BBs and cause a jam.
    I have contacted the retailer and on their advice I have posted it back to them for repair or replacement.
    HW100kt .177, MTC Viper Connect. HW97kt .177, EB Sniper. Brocock .177 Contour XL, Custom Walnut Stock, MTC Viper Connect. Brocock .177 Grand Prix,Walther Red-Dot. HW45 'Silver Star'. Tanfoglio Witness. Walther PPKs. Morrini 'MatchGun' PCP match pistol.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Ian666 View Post
    Ok so I went to test the new MP5 but its faulty
    Upon pulling the trigger it dumps the entire CO2 canister in one go .
    This also caused the action/sliding barrel to swallow up several BBs and cause a jam.
    I have contacted the retailer and on their advice I have posted it back to them for repair or replacement.
    Ok update...

A replacement MP5 arrived by courier today

Unfortunatly this one is also faulty. The ejection port cover/slide is either missing or jammed so far inside the frame that I can not see it.
    Hence now there is no 'blow back' action and also the gas valve assembly is open and exposed.
    Phoned retailer and had a bit of a rant, they have agreed to refund the purchase as I have had enough messing around.

Thanks for the review man, been thinking about getting one of these

Sorry to hear your one didn't work out though Ian.

Peace

I saw a real one yesterday whilst going about my daily business, I must say I was quite surprised