Thread: AIr gun clubs in Nottingham?

AIr gun clubs in Nottingham?

I hear theres one in Carlton near to the City centre, but there dosn't seem to be any websites or information on google regarding this club. Anyone know a website or phone number for them?

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Closest to you that I know of is Castle

http://www.castleft.co.uk/Castle%20FTARC/Home.html
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

You are thinking of Nottingham Airgun Club, their page is here.

http://homepages.tesco.net/~tinyclanger/nottm-airgun/

Not sure how current the info is.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

That Castle club near Hucknall seems to be the closest so far. I've been marking all the gun clubs I can find info on in Google Earth.
    Hucknall is fairly far away and I'll be taking the public tram there. Do you reckon I'll get any bother carrying the rifle (in a gun bag, of course!)? I know it's legal to carry a gun in public as long as you're over 18 and it's in a gun bag and you are to or from a shoot, but even so....

That Nottingham Airgin Club website is pretty appaling to say the least! It dosn't even tell you where they are based! Anyone know any info on them?

Thanks all.

Hello, I'm from Ruddington too
    I usualy go to Woodend Farm in Huthwaite, Junction 28 M1 or over to Merlin in Louhborough, I haven't been to the gun club under the castle in Nottingham yet as it's on a Thursday evening which is difficult for me to make.

Drop me a pm if you fancy tagging along to Woodend or Merlin one weekend.

Cheers
    Darren

There are 2 clubs that run at the castle.

Monday night is firearms night, air weapons also.

Thursday night is non fac air weapons only.

Out of the 2, I'd personally recommend Monday night.

lespaul Sutton in Ashfield is a little far out. Do you go by car?
    Are you guys saying theres a gun club under Nottingham Castle in Nottingham city centre?

Realistically Castle Gun Club is still a bus ride then a walk out of Hucknall, the tram drops you off the wrong side of town. There may be buses that drop you off in Watnall, which, I believe, is closer.

I have heard rumours of shooting under Nottingham Castle in the past, but cannot find a reliable confirmative source.

Nottingham Gun Club is in an old railway tunnel near the junction of Carlton Road and Porchester Road.

Best not to go wandering around there with a gun unless they know you are coming, and they will probably meet you at the gate to the cutting.

Richard

Ex NAC member.

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Novusordo View Post
    lespaul Sutton in Ashfield is a little far out. Do you go by car?
    Are you guys saying theres a gun club under Nottingham Castle in Nottingham city centre?
    Yes, I go in my car to Huthwaite and Merlin in Loughborough.
    Yes, there is a gun club under Nottingham Castle, I was chatting to two guys at Woodend Farm who shoot at the Castle on a Thursday night, who were from Clifton, so more locals

Darren

wow I had no idea they shoot under the castle. Well that would be the best place for me as it's the closest club so far. Does this club have a website at all?
    Google has NOTHING! Strange.

@ delta1 so I'm to go to the fence and wait for someone to greet me? haha, awesome...
    And looking at google earth I see what you mean about the tram dropping you off at the wrong side! Looks like I'd have to cut through Hucknall town and take the country track across to the club.

Also what is your experience of taking guns via public transport?

Blinkin' 'eck!!
    Two chaps from me own home village...The fabulous Ruddo!!!
    I never had an airgun as a kid but i'm sure i could find somewhere to shoot around the village as it's surrounded by fields.
    Anyway best of luck
    BSA Lightning with a bipod - Hawke niteye 3-9 x50 mil dot illum reticle. Daystate x2sports r - NVS4900 NV. Spare Simmons 3-9 x 40 scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Novusordo View Post

@ delta1 so I'm to go to the fence and wait for someone to greet me? haha, awesome...

I would not go unless they already know you are coming.

Membership is limited by the facilities, and while they are a good bunch of people, that is not a good area to be standing around with a gun in your bag.

And looking at google earth I see what you mean about the tram dropping you off at the wrong side! Looks like I'd have to cut through Hucknall town and take the country track across to the club.

Also what is your experience of taking guns via public transport?

Having never tried, I would have to say, "limited"
    As above.

I can count to potato.

I enquired about the supposid shooting club underbeath Nottingham Castle and was asked to leave my name, address and contact number and was told I'd be vetted and to wait and see if I get asked to join.