Thread: AIr gun clubs in Nottingham?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Novusordo View Post
    lespaul Sutton in Ashfield is a little far out. Do you go by car?
    Are you guys saying theres a gun club under Nottingham Castle in Nottingham city centre?
    Yes, I go in my car to Huthwaite and Merlin in Loughborough.
    Yes, there is a gun club under Nottingham Castle, I was chatting to two guys at Woodend Farm who shoot at the Castle on a Thursday night, who were from Clifton, so more locals

Darren

wow I had no idea they shoot under the castle. Well that would be the best place for me as it's the closest club so far. Does this club have a website at all?
    Google has NOTHING! Strange.

@ delta1 so I'm to go to the fence and wait for someone to greet me? haha, awesome...
    And looking at google earth I see what you mean about the tram dropping you off at the wrong side! Looks like I'd have to cut through Hucknall town and take the country track across to the club.

Also what is your experience of taking guns via public transport?

Blinkin' 'eck!!
    Two chaps from me own home village...The fabulous Ruddo!!!
    I never had an airgun as a kid but i'm sure i could find somewhere to shoot around the village as it's surrounded by fields.
    Anyway best of luck
    BSA Lightning with a bipod - Hawke niteye 3-9 x50 mil dot illum reticle. Daystate x2sports r - NVS4900 NV. Spare Simmons 3-9 x 40 scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Novusordo View Post

@ delta1 so I'm to go to the fence and wait for someone to greet me? haha, awesome...

I would not go unless they already know you are coming.

Membership is limited by the facilities, and while they are a good bunch of people, that is not a good area to be standing around with a gun in your bag.

And looking at google earth I see what you mean about the tram dropping you off at the wrong side! Looks like I'd have to cut through Hucknall town and take the country track across to the club.

Also what is your experience of taking guns via public transport?

Having never tried, I would have to say, "limited"
    As above.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

I enquired about the supposid shooting club underbeath Nottingham Castle and was asked to leave my name, address and contact number and was told I'd be vetted and to wait and see if I get asked to join.