Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bad news about Jan McArthur

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Good maybe, but how would they fare in our Police Comp

Especially the side shoots
    Not even a chance at Bronze!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Just seen this - my thoughts are with you both. Jan, wish you a speedy recovery.

hugs
    Lynne xx
    My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA

My thoughts are with both of you,

Best wishes

Sonny

Jim,

Our thoughts are with you and Jan at this time,

God Bless You Both,

Bernard and Kath.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    Watching it on TV MY ARSE......

Sounds to me like Jan is still keeping up with her shooting skills
    Aw! You guessed!
    Jan McArthur

"When a [wo]man is tired of London... [s]he is tired of life!" (Johnson)
    It is the most marvelous city in the world!

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    All the very best for tomorrow

Thinking of you both.

God bless.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Thank you, Paul, and everyone. Surgery is scheduled for 1000 tomorrow.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Surgery went well!

Hi everyone, I'm at the hospital: Jan just got out of surgery. She's come through the operation well. We will be able to visit her in an hour or so.

I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Jim

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Jim,
    Love & best wishes to Jan, & to you - (bloke style) hug & keep your chin up,
    Thinking of you both,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thumbs up Jan & Jim

Best wishes to Jan & you Jim all our prayers are with you...mike...

That's good news Jim, best wishes to you both.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm at the hospital: Jan just got out of surgery. She's come through the operation well. We will be able to visit her in an hour or so.

I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Jim
    How's it going Jim? We're hoping Jan is doing fine and all is well after the op.

And you...how's the eye?

Best wishes buddy
    Bob & Nuala
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    How's it going Jim? We're hoping Jan is doing fine and all is well after the op.

And you...how's the eye?

Best wishes buddy
    Bob & Nuala
    Fortunately, my eye is fully recovered, Bob, and I am back to wearing my contact lens full time. You have no idea what a relief it is to be able to see (at least fairly! ) well, once again.

As to Jan: the news is mixed. She came through yesterday's surgery very well, and is alert and recovering.

They said, though, that they found a growth on her (removed) fallopian tube, and that she will likely have to undergo additional treatment (radiation, or more likely, chemo) when she's sufficiently recovered from surgery.

Their immediate concern today is that she's not passing water in high enough volumes as compared to the amount of intravenous fluid they've put into her, so they're doing some tests regarding that.

I'll keep eveyone posted.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 12-06-2010 at 11:37 PM.

She's a tough cookie that wife of your's. sure she will fight through it all. My thoughts are with you both. Stay strong fella.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Update!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Fortunately, my eye is fully recovered, Bob, and I am back to wearing my contact lens full time. You have no idea what a relief it is to be able to see (at least fairly! ) well, once again.

As to Jan: the news is mixed. She came through yesterday's surgery very well, and is alert and recovering.

They said, though, that they found a growth on her (removed) fallopian tube, and that she will likely have to undergo additional treatment (radiation, or more likely, chemo) when she's sufficiently recovered from surgery.

Their immediate concern today is that she's not passing water in high enough volumes as compared to the amount of intravenous fluid they've out into her, so they're doing some tests regarding that.

I'll keep eveyone posted.

Jim
    Just as I hit the Send button, Jan's sister called me from the hospital - her out-of-town relatives are spending time with her there tonight, while I take care of things on the home front - and said that Jan is running a slight fever, and might have some fluid in her lungs: so they are giving her a diuretic.

I'll be at the hospital all day tomorrow, so probably won't be providing another update until Monday.

Jim