I Bought my new Hawke scope last week and it arrived on Tuesday. I am purely a budget shooter so unable to spend £££'s on equipment. My second hand 97K came with a Nikko Silver Crown attached, which was OK but I checked out the Hawke HD scopes out in a local gunshop and was blown away by the clarity of the picture. I picked up a few of the more pricey scopes to compare and to my fairly inexperienced eye found this scope seemed better than most and only £60, Bargain.Any way I have Zero'd the scope in and been plinking away constantly and shooting targets at 25 yards since it arrived, I couldn't be happier. It appears to be well put together and all the focus/zoom/parralax adjusters are nice and smooth, not too stiff like some other scopes I tried out and it zooms in close up a dream Paralax just needs to be adjusted slightly to acheive a sharper picture though. I have just come in tonight after trying the illuminated recticle whilst getting eaten alive by midges and I don't think I could go back to an unlit cross hair, it makes a real difference. All in all I am totally chuffed with this purchase, fair enough if your into your serious target shooting then you may want to spend a small fortune on your scopes, but for those with a budget I don't think you can go far wrong with one of these.