Thread: Hawke HD 4-12 x 50 AO IR Mil-dot

Thumbs up Hawke HD 4-12 x 50 AO IR Mil-dot

I Bought my new Hawke scope last week and it arrived on Tuesday. I am purely a budget shooter so unable to spend £££'s on equipment. My second hand 97K came with a Nikko Silver Crown attached, which was OK but I checked out the Hawke HD scopes out in a local gunshop and was blown away by the clarity of the picture. I picked up a few of the more pricey scopes to compare and to my fairly inexperienced eye found this scope seemed better than most and only £60, Bargain.Any way I have Zero'd the scope in and been plinking away constantly and shooting targets at 25 yards since it arrived, I couldn't be happier. It appears to be well put together and all the focus/zoom/parralax adjusters are nice and smooth, not too stiff like some other scopes I tried out and it zooms in close up a dream Paralax just needs to be adjusted slightly to acheive a sharper picture though. I have just come in tonight after trying the illuminated recticle whilst getting eaten alive by midges and I don't think I could go back to an unlit cross hair, it makes a real difference. All in all I am totally chuffed with this purchase, fair enough if your into your serious target shooting then you may want to spend a small fortune on your scopes, but for those with a budget I don't think you can go far wrong with one of these.

Nice review may look at buying one of these as i have just started and dont want to spend to much when i dont know what to look for.

Hawke Sport HD3-9X40 MAP 6 Scope

I recently came back into the hobby after many years, and bought a secondhand HW77K which came with a "free" scope which was a lttle "loose" and the reticle would move if you put any pressure on the eyepiece.
    So I was looking for a low cost 3-9x40 to put into the existing mounts and it had not got to be too long so it did not obstruct the loading chamber on the 77K.
    I chose a Hawke Sport HD 3-9x40, it is only 12.5 inches long, just the job, and it only cost £39:95, not the cheapest price but I bought it from The Countrystore which is only about 15 miles from me so I cut out the postage, and I did get to see and handle the scope before I bought it.
    I am amazed at the quality and accuracy of this scope for the money.
    I am not a competition shooter, but I do like to hit the targets I shoot at and this scope seems to do the business up to fifty yards, once you get used to the reticle.
    I would also recommend downloading the free Hawke ballistic software, all very interesting and informative.

HinckleyPlinker

Another Hawke fan here. I've had an Eclipse 3-9x50 AO IR milldot on my HW100 from new. Really clear optics and focuses down to about 8 yards. When i bought my BRNO rimmy it came with a Simmons scope that had quite a bit of use i think. Anyway i decided to get a new scope for it. I plumped for an Eclipse 3-12x50 AO IR milldot, equally as good as my other Hawke and the extra mag will be usefull for the rimmy. The milldots on both scopes are pin sharp when adjusted with the fast focus ocular lens. I only got the rimmy scope today so i've not tried it out yet, but i nearly know it'll perform as good as the 1st one. Top scopes for the money IMO.
    Last edited by buckshot100; 12-08-2010 at 10:00 PM.
    Weihrauch HW100s .177, BRNO mod.#2 .22 lr,
    Miroku MK38 trapgun, SKB 805s sporter,
    Mossberg 835 ultimag, W.Wild sb hammergun.

A few years back i needed a cheap scope to get me out of trouble until i had saved enough money for a better scope. I bought the Hawke HD Sport 3-9x40 as this was the cheapest scope the shop had, it only had to do 3 or 4 months so wasn't worried about quality.

The optics were amazingly clear considering it was a cheap scope and so good it stayed on the gun for about 2 years until i sold the gun. It did get a bit battered in that time though so strong construction too

I've just ordered one of these to mount on a springer. If its anywhere near as good as my 2 Airmax 3-12x44AO SR6's I will be more than happy

I've owned a few Hawke scopes and I can't remember ever being disappointed with any of them.

I'll add my findings to this review when I've put it through its paces

Rick.
    Displaced Grumpy Old Yorkshireman www.fortairgunclub.com

I have also just bought a Hawke scope with illuminated mil dot reticle. The one I have is a 2-7X32 AO IR.

I am pretty nooby to scope information but I presume the 2-7 is the times magnification however I don't know what the X32 part means...

I was told its enough for hunting where I will be taking shots up to 40 yards.

I have to admit though, the red or green illumination is sweet!!

doggone

Quote Originally Posted by Dud Fivers View Post
    I've just ordered one of these to mount on a springer. If its anywhere near as good as my 2 Airmax 3-12x44AO SR6's I will be more than happy

I've owned a few Hawke scopes and I can't remember ever being disappointed with any of them.

I'll add my findings to this review when I've put it through its paces

Rick.
    you will find that scope brill,i got it now thats what i stick with,igot the sr12 after cant praise them enough,you will like enjoy.

Hawke scopes

Good to hear a happy airgunner , I have owned a few scopes although none of them too expensive but i have to say the Hawke scopes i have had have all been great(beating some well known brands) , very clear picture , well made, and a price range / spec to suit everyone

If you get the chance try out the Hawke Eclipse 30 IR 3-12X56 with L4 dot illuninated reticule i have one on my .223 Tikka and they are brilliant ! would defo buy another if needed , they are around £180 - £200 but well worth it
    Enjoy yourself........it's later than you think !!!

I am the same dont buy megga expensive kit but i have two of these Hawkes one on 223 and one on 2506 3x12x56 and 8x56 i like how clear they are and light floods in great scopes
    www.tdlandscapes.co.uk
    www.firewoodlogsatherstone.co.uk

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

I have three

2xSR6
    1xSR12

All on firearms and they do well.
    My .17HMR and .22 Hornet (SR12) both shoot 200m+ with them and no bother with the scopes.
    Rapid MKII FAC sports the other SR6
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

Hawke do seem to give great value for money, which is very important to this Yorkshireman

I have 3 Airmax 3-12x44AO SR6's and find them perfect for me.

I did try the HD Sport and found it to be very good for the price tag but found I prefer the SR6 ret.

The Airmax Map6 is also worth a look as a budget springer scope.

Rick.
    Displaced Grumpy Old Yorkshireman www.fortairgunclub.com

terry is offline This is not the Terry you are looking for....

Thumbs up hawk hd ao ir mil dot 4 12 50

Quote Originally Posted by biggraham69 View Post
    I Bought my new Hawke scope last week and it arrived on Tuesday. I am purely a budget shooter so unable to spend £££'s on equipment. My second hand 97K came with a Nikko Silver Crown attached, which was OK but I checked out the Hawke HD scopes out in a local gunshop and was blown away by the clarity of the picture. I picked up a few of the more pricey scopes to compare and to my fairly inexperienced eye found this scope seemed better than most and only £60, Bargain.Any way I have Zero'd the scope in and been plinking away constantly and shooting targets at 25 yards since it arrived, I couldn't be happier. It appears to be well put together and all the focus/zoom/parralax adjusters are nice and smooth, not too stiff like some other scopes I tried out and it zooms in close up a dream Paralax just needs to be adjusted slightly to acheive a sharper picture though. I have just come in tonight after trying the illuminated recticle whilst getting eaten alive by midges and I don't think I could go back to an unlit cross hair, it makes a real difference. All in all I am totally chuffed with this purchase, fair enough if your into your serious target shooting then you may want to spend a small fortune on your scopes, but for those with a budget I don't think you can go far wrong with one of these.
    i have one on my air arms s 410 good scope , i cannot fault it . its zeroed in at 50 yrds . really good reivew many thanks

Thumbs up

Just thought I would add that after trying and owning the 3-9 x 40 version of the Hawke Sport HD scope I have picked up a 3-9x50 IR AO version of the same series and it is even better than the 3-9x40 which I thought would be quite hard. The optics are really clear and the scope fits my rifle perfectly. Most of all it doesn't weigh the rifle down very much. Ideal for hunting.

Hawke Panorama EV

I bought the 6x12x50 a few weeks ago and reparallaxed it for 35yds, easy to do. I used it yesterday on my shoot. Verdict: Brilliant! It's clearer and sharper than my Leupold that cost a lot more money. It's so good in fact that I've just ordered another one and so has my mate. For the money you just cannot beat it. For info we were shooting at one point when it was snowing with quite a lot of wind. It didn't fog up and the red reticule in the snow was superb. Buy one you won't be disapointed.