Thread: My set up.

My set up.

Grass is getting longer over the farm so I'm trying out different pellets in the garden just to find something to test out at further range, many pellets I've never tried before in any of my past rifles so interesting stuff while I'm waiting for the grass to be cut in one area the farmer keeps tidy, well sort of tidy.
    Shocked to say so far a pointed pellet shows the best result but quite a few more to try yet.
    I've now fitted some Sportsmatch adjustable mounts, they don't fit correctly as they are over to one side slightly but no matter, It's fixed range shooting so they'll do.
    My new scope has just arrived, I wont fit it yet as I'm zero'd up & testing pellets but when I move & stretch out the range for the next stage I'll swop the scope then.
    It's an AGS 8-32x56, resting the scope I checked it out on trees at 135yds to buildings 300yds + away.
    I don't think I'll hit a brick at 300yds but looking through the scope a pine cone was clear enough for what I want.
    AA S400, pellets of choice, Harris bipod, Hogan silencer, Sportsmatch mounts,
    AGS 8-32x56 scope.
    Some rusty knock downs are waiting for action.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Checked this morning & the grass has been cut, paced out the area & found due to bumps I've only got 100yds shooting one end of the strip.
    Not finnished checking pellets out but It's starting to look like I've managed to cut my choice down a bit, the pointed pellets went wayward & Falcons seemed to be in the lead so far.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

set up

try air arms 5.52 they go very well. at long distances

the most important thing is that you have a consistent rifle, low extreme spreads ideally under 10ft/s so that you dont get vertical stringing. Check out how much elevation you have in the scope, you will need it if you want to shoot long range. hold over is not the way forward in this sort of shooting albeit in some circumstances concerning windage. bring back some range reports and look out for the wind.