Thread: whats this gun???

whats this gun???

sorry no pics yet.
    but a guy at work got talking to me about air rifles and how he went shooting when he was a lot younger, he has at home a webley rifle(hes not sure which model as he has"nt looked at it for years)
    but he says it has 3 interchangeable barrels .177, .22,.25, which model could this be and is it collectable, will post pics as soon as i view it.......thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gabe003 View Post
    sorry no pics yet.
    but a guy at work got talking to me about air rifles and how he went shooting when he was a lot younger, he has at home a webley rifle(hes not sure which model as he has"nt looked at it for years)
    but he says it has 3 interchangeable barrels .177, .22,.25, which model could this be and is it collectable, will post pics as soon as i view it.......thanks

Hi Gabe

It sounds like a Webley mk2 service and is very collectable and depending on condition is worth quite a bit (worth more as it has all three barrels...
    All it needs is an original leather clad case with associated bits and pieces and it would be complete

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Could be a webley hawk IIRC they had interchangeable barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    Could be a webley hawk IIRC they had interchangeable barrels.
    They didn't include a 25cal barrel though

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

sorry no pics yet.
    Nah - it's one of Webley's few failures - I'd put it in a skip meself.

Tell you what I am in a good mood - I'll give £20 for it and - even better I'll pay the postage.

Seriously - it sounds like Service Mark 2 and, if he has all three barrels, it is worth a lot (possibly £1k or more). Pictures will help.

thanks for the info,by the way he was talking as its in very good condition, and that he wants to get rid of it ,so he can get something he can use for targets,he has no idea its worth money,he just looks at it as an old gun!
    i will obviously be offering him something for it,and will keep you posted how it turns out......thanks again.

Could this be......

......a windup

If not please don't stitch the guy up and offer him a derisory amount (unless he is filthy rich already and you have left your scruples far behind you).

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    ......a windup

If not please don't stitch the guy up and offer him a derisory amount (unless he is filthy rich already and you have left your scruples far behind you).

Rich.
    no rich, its not a wind up, but i will ask him how much he would like for the gun, what would you do? tell him its worth a grand or just give him what hes asking?

what would you do? tell him its worth a grand or just give him what hes asking?
    Start with a bid of £25 and see what happens.

All the best Mick

I guess you should ask yourself......

no rich, its not a wind up, but i will ask him how much he would like for the gun, what would you do? tell him its worth a grand or just give him what hes asking?

......what you would like him to do if the boot was on the other foot? Or how you would feel if he were your dad and someone took a valuable heirloom off of his hands at well below market value??

First things first would be to view the rifle, take some pictures and get a realistic valuation from the knowledgeable chaps here. If it is a Mark 2 with all three barrels in working order it is certainly worth several hundreds (not tens) of our fine British pounds.

My view? I would tell him how much it is worth, help him sell it and maybe he might reward me, may be not but my integrity would be intact.

ATB Rich (newly self appointed morality policeman of the BBS)

Well........

........did you buy it for a tenner

ATB Rich.