Thread: Thanks to Steve Prime @ Redhill Revolvers!

Thanks to Steve Prime @ Redhill Revolvers!

Just arrived home from a small but perfectly formed pistol day at Redhill.

Steve's put a lot of effort into this venue already, and its got great potential for the future.

The visitor from the local Bowls Club seemed to enjoy his walk around, so hopefully that message will get around, and do the PR work we so badly need at the moment.

The plinking area provided a chance for everyone to shoot their own (and every one else's ) guns, the laughs and giggles heard between shots told their own story.

A 15 shot pistol HFT seemed far easier walking it than it was to shoot by all accounts. Clever target set ups provided an interesting course with challenge and interest for all the shooters.

The IPAS shoot seemed popular, both "old hands" and new participants made the most of the great weather to try this speed event..

Seeing Sol's demonstration of the Practical shoot/run/shoot discipline was good, especially when coupled with the bonus "hunt the Umarex magazine" community event after watching him reload on the run.

It was great to see old faces again, to meet new faces, and to have a relaxing day with good people.

If you missed it, you missed a cracker, but hope to see you all again at the next one.

Once again Thanks Steve for the invite, and for the work you are putting in to this.

Richard.
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

As Richard just said,good day out with some laughs and banter and a nice change to try pistol HFT(well done Sol for beating me on that).

Well done to Steve and Sarah for all the hard work

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    A great day out. It was really good to meet you guys and put faces to the names.
    Is it my imagination, or has every Redhill shoot so far been in blazing sunshine? Having just spread aftersun liberally on all my red bits (again), I'd say that so far, we've been blessed in that respect. Hope it holds true for the Gala on the 3rd July.
    Thanks to Steve and Sarah etc. for putting on another blinding course, and doing all the hard work (so I don't have to ). Great job!
    It's always fun trying out new disciplines, and IPAS was totally new to me. I liked the way you had to set the longest time to hit all 5 plates (that's right, isn't it? ), some of us old timers don't move or re-focus too fast these days.
    I look forward to seeing you all again on the 3rd

Bob.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    An excellent shoot,
    HFT Pistol was "most interesting" in places, I particularly liked the one dangling in the tree - nice one Steve
    IPAS was, well, IPAS - if you havent tried it yet you're missing out on your multi-shot CO2 pistol's destiny - Thanks Richard!
    Good to see everyone who came, friends new and old!
    Top marks to Steve & the Redhill crew!
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

I think the Good Folk before me have said it all, though

I enjoyed a cracking course of 15 shoot twice targets, very imaginatively set up,

And had my first go at IPAS (God! I'm Crap!) must have liked it though as I have drawn four targets on some steel plate ready for cutting,
    Thanks for that Delta 1,

Nice to meet you all, and Many Thanks to Steve and Sarah and all who helped create a great day out.

Smile

Good weather, good company, good target layout, good plinking area. good shooting, I can't wait for the Gala, well done to all.
    Diana P5 Magnum ( Not quite a flintlock ). Walther CP88. Webley Alecto.

What more can be said really, except

I've known Steve and Sarah for just overr a year now and it's long enough to know that when they decide to do something, they pour their heart and sole into it. That is obvious with what they have and are achieving here at the Redhill Revolver club.

From absolutely nothing and in a little over 4 months, they have poured in their own money and an awful lot of effort in order to obtain the ground, buy the targets, make the props arrange the insurance etc to get this off the ground. Their good friend Graham Knighton has also been quite generous in his support. I believe Steve was up at 5am this morning setting the course to ensure we all had a fun day and IT WORKED.

Steve, Sarah and everyone who has helped you to develop this, THANK YOU GUYS, you have done a brilliant job.

In addition to the HFT tagets, Delta1 provided an exciting, Entertaining, very enjoyable IPAS shoot. It is of course totally different to HFT style shooting but works flawlessly alongside it and adds yet another dimension to a brilliant days enjoyment.

On a personal note it was great to meet Delta1, MagicnineR and others for the first time, it's always nice to put names and faces to BBS tags. Some guys made a huge effort to get there travelling a great distance over many hours, what commitment, I am proud to even just be associated with you guys.

What a great day, I was shooting from 10am till around 4pm before helping to dismantle the course and boy was I bushed when I got home.

The Redhill Revolvers are going from strength to strength and if anyone has even the slightest spark of interest in pistol shooting, they MUST get to one of the Redhill meets, I'm sure they'd leave having been fully convinced of the fun they have been missing.

SOL, did that bus ever arrive, I wish you would have accepted my offer of a lift to the train station mate. I hope the rest of your journey home was on time and uneventful.

Well done and Thank you to all who assisted in getting this lot set up, it was FANTASTIC.

Cheers
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    i would also like to add my thanks to Steve and Sarah for putting on the shoot, first time ive seen/shot pistol htf, and i thought it was very good

also a big thanks to Rich for running the ipas, but more so for putting up with me at the end and continuing to time me

not to forget Nick and Bob for letting me have a go with their pistols/rifles. when ive acquired said guns i wont forget to post threads blaming you two for it

and then there's Andy, without whom i would have struggled to get there.
    for anyone who doesn't know Andy offered me lift to the ground from the station, so cheers Andy.

and last of all, to just about everyone above for offering me a lift to the station at the end of the day. sorry if it seemed like i was being rude not accepting offers but i didn't want to inconvenience anyone, im sure you all must have been knackered from shooting in that heat all day.
    i know i was, so knackered in fact that i didn't care that i was sitting in a bush of stingy nettles at the bus stop i just had to sit in the shade, forgetting to pack a bigger drink was probably a bit silly and the women who spent about 20 mins watering one pot plant in a hose across the road from the bus stop only made things worce

all in all a great days shooting and with company like that the miles traveled pale into insignificance. i hope to see you all again next month.

Nick i hope you liked your first bomb from a botl
    ill leave you with some googling to work out what the hell im on about lol

to the people i promised emails to ill get them sent off now, if you are expecting one from me and don't get it by tonight im sorry ive forgotten just post a little reminder and ill send it off asap, i will try and remember everyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Seeing Sol's demonstration of the Practical shoot/run/shoot discipline was good, especially when coupled with the bonus "hunt the Umarex magazine" community event after watching him reload on the run.
    Richard.
    running is that what you call it seems more like a fast wobble to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    (well done Sol for beating me on that).
    cheers Andy, only 2 points in it though. and lets not forget you were shooting a right handed pistol cack handed.

Quote Originally Posted by rattycatcher View Post
    SOL, did that bus ever arrive, I wish you would have accepted my offer of a lift to the train station mate. I hope the rest of your journey home was on time and uneventful.
    Cheers
    Bob
    as soon as you got around the bend it turned up
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post

running is that what you call it seems more like a fast wobble to me.

First of all; glad you got home safely, good to see you again.

I must admit its not often I've seen someone go in quite so many directions at once!

See you at the Gala, and please, please accept a lift next time.

I drive well over a thousand miles a week, so a few more makes no odds!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.