Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What to do with empty co2

I think this is the first thread I have seen on an airgun forum regarding used Co2 carts and what to do with them, I have only had my pistol a few weeks and have quite a few of these things already stacking up in a bucket at home I keep looking at them wondering if I could make something out of them...but so far nothing apart from hanging them up and using them for targets come to mind...I think the idea of weighing them in for scrap and giving the proceeds to charity is fantastic, and I will be looking into doing this myself hopefully.

Yeah, i have a load of these in my garage too. I use some for target practise, but weighing them in seems like a good idea for charity.

jalan01 Guest

scrap value?

Just took around 700 to a scrap dealer.. and got £1.78 for them!.. then tells me he can't payout less than a tenner.. so's I have to keep coming back with more and saving my receipts until I've got at least £10 worth.. then he can only pay by cheque or bank transfer as cash is banned in scrappy's. I just worked out it will be around late 2016 before I get my hands on the first tenner!. Is it worth the effort I ask myself?

Yep, I save all If mine and when I take on my empty cans for scrap money I also then on my empty co2 cartridges.

I normally stick them in the ground when I'm out plinking with kids at different ranges for them to shoot. Then put them in the recycling full of dents. It's good target practice for the boys and makes a change from cans, bottles and little black dots on paper stapled to a piece of wood!

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    My scrappy said they won't take them, in case they explode. I told him I'd only bring the empties, but he was adamant.
    I'll ring other scrapyards, but it's a bit frustrating so far, as I have half a bin bag full.
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

same with rim fire shells brass cant weigh then in for safety reasons think local gun club bin them buckets full if im right

Empty co2

Hello Sol I think that is a great idea giving the cash to charity from the empty co2 capsules.
    rgds com177

If we aren't going to the meetings ect ? Can we post them too a member ?

One less wasted empty bulb

I know this will not make a difference to the vast quantity of empty bulbs, but I have just converted one into a mini BB store, a bit more pocket-able than the 500 size bottles they come in.
    All I did was drill out the pierced end to about 5mm, cleared out the swarf and found a suitable cap in my magic box-of-bits. I did a weight for full vs empty and reckon there is about 170 BB's in there.
    I might increase the hole size a bit, they seem to 'log-jam' occasionally and need a quick shake, but otherwise I am well pleased with my ten minutes effort in the shed. My next prototype will be for pellets, but gut feel is there will be a lot more jamming...

Happy tinkering.

Empty co2 capsules

My daughter makes Jewellery necklaces by fitting fishing float rubbers to the neck of the capsule and then attaching them to loom bands. My son seals them up with pva and uses them as floats for his lego boats/ships.

Used CO2 into whistle.....

I turned the last couple of used CO2 capsules into whistles....
    (with various amounts of success and tunefulness......)

Cheers.
    --
    S. Bluck.
    Vroom-Rattle-Bang-creak (Motorbikes, old landrovers, Shooting, and I'm getting OLD....)

I've got one that's been converted into a Bottle opener, made by Nick from Magic9
    Ex-Airgunner

Scratching my head

I too have been saving my CO2 cylinders (and all the LEAD pellets from my various targets that collect them). It's amazing how heavy both cylinders and pellets are. My problem is I no longer have transport, so I cannot get them to any local collection point(s).
    Whoever gets the job of clearing my house when I die will have them to deal with as well!
    The older I get, the more I know, the less makes sense!
    [BASC Member] Colt Government 1911 A1; Webley MK VI; Walther CP88; Beretta M92FS; Colt Peacemaker SAA; Gat; Webley Eclipse MK2 Carbine; Gamo Maxxim Elite.

Bit of an old thread but I've just discovered cutting them open with a hacksaw is easy and you get a nice rust free steel plate