Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with empty co2

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    at bisley last week i noticed they were collecting empty co2 cartridges with the aim of selling them off as scrap. i would assume the money goes to charity or something.

so i was thinking why doesn't the ubc do the same, collectively we must get through a lot of co2, and if we all collected them and brought them along every 6 months when we meet up they could be sold on as scrap and the money donated to charity.

aparantly they are worth 2.5p each.

so what do you think??
    any ideas for a charity? I would have thought help for heroes would be as good as any.
    Good Idea But I was told
    Help for Heroes, this is as I have been told is not a Charity, it is run as a busness, they are buying houses for our lads, but keeping the deeds in there name so they can sell on.
    As a ex service person and has raised with others at the 2009 reunion over £1400, and gave it to H4H, then we found out about them.

We now give the money to the Cadets, I am not saying not to help our lads, but there is better charitys out there, which gets less advetising.
    Hears a couple
    http://www.blesma.org/contact-blesma.html
    http://www.armyofangels.org.uk/?gcli...FYUe4QodD0Sjjw
    I would still give my Co2 cartridges to the club for H4H, which ever you pick.
    I have had my say it's up to you.

good idea i usualy use mine as targets

A bucket me thinks

I will put out an 'empty CO2 bucket' in store & let customers who buy CO2 know that they can bring in their empties - Will let you know when we have a few - Help the heroes is a great charity which we have suppoted in the past so we would love to help.

Quote Originally Posted by mcavoy guns View Post
    I will put out an 'empty CO2 bucket' in store & let customers who buy CO2 know that they can bring in their empties - Will let you know when we have a few - Help the heroes is a great charity which we have suppoted in the past so we would love to help.
    Thanks very much indeed for your support.

If you'd like to PM or email me when you have a quantity you want shut of, I'm not too far from Wigan - I'll pop over one Saturday and pick them up. You never know, you might even be able to tempt me to spend some cash with you while I'm there!

Guys, the main problem we have with these is that I'm sitting on around 18-20 kilos from the meet, which at current prices (around £130-140 per ton) means we have about seven quid to go to H4H.

Shall we let collections run and see if we can build it up a bit?

Question

Hello Sol
    Have you got my empties from the caravan at Tyla farm ? I'm not using many at the moment but I'll see if I can arrange a collection bucket at Martin Bales
    Steve
    HW97K .177 Airsporter S Mk2 .22 Superstar Mk1 .177 Lightning Mk1 .22 Webley Hurricane .22 Gamo PR45 .177 SMK TH78D .22

choosing the scrap collector

In the past, we've rang round a few scrappies and told them what we were doing, and asked for a bit extra on the price paid, and for the scrap to be collected, and in return promised to mention them on all the reports etc. to do with the fund raising event.
    Air Arms S300 & S310
    Gunpower Stealth
    Crossman Ratcatcher

small quantity

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Thanks very much indeed for your support.

If you'd like to PM or email me when you have a quantity you want shut of, I'm not too far from Wigan - I'll pop over one Saturday and pick them up. You never know, you might even be able to tempt me to spend some cash with you while I'm there!

Guys, the main problem we have with these is that I'm sitting on around 18-20 kilos from the meet, which at current prices (around £130-140 per ton) means we have about seven quid to go to H4H.

Shall we let collections run and see if we can build it up a bit?
    we have a small bucket full of mixed 12gram & 88 gram - will keep it going - I thought we would get more of them, but not many have remembered to bring their empties

Quote Originally Posted by mcavoy guns View Post
    we have a small bucket full of mixed 12gram & 88 gram - will keep it going - I thought we would get more of them, but not many have remembered to bring their empties
    Thanks, it's a start anyway. Give me a shout when you want what you've got collecting and I'll arange to pop in one day.

Regards,

Mike.

changed to a larger bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Thanks, it's a start anyway. Give me a shout when you want what you've got collecting and I'll arange to pop in one day.

Regards,

Mike.
    Whenever you're in the area,
    They're eating nothin while they're here, whenever suits you best

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    How are things looking are we going to be collecting at the meet in may?

ive got about 100 plus 50 odd pellet tins(if my mum hasn’t thrown them out)

if i can make it ill be on the train again so won’t be able to do the collecting, any volunteers?
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

thats a great idea its a shame i dont use co2 guns anymore as i had hundreds of the things lying around so i decided to use them for target practice instead.

This is an awesome idea and i have started to stock pile my empties ;o)

We have now got a fair quantity at Redhill to go towards club funds. On contacting scrap metal dealers they are all refusing them in our area as there is a chance of explosion!!!!!!! when recycling.
    Apparently they should be returned to the manufacturer ie Umarex or Crossman for recycling.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems??

Steve

I thought just for fun I would cut the top off of one to use it as a slide on my banjo I had always assumed that they was made of some sort of alloy but they are made of steel with a blunt hacksaw I had quite a job to cut the top off of it is it just me or are there others who did not think that they are actually made of steel.

Another batch

We have another batch of Empty CO2 ready - it's eatin nowt, so just pick it up whenever you are passing