Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What to do with empty co2

Quote Originally Posted by mcavoy guns View Post
    We have another batch of Empty CO2 ready - it's eatin nowt, so just pick it up whenever you are passing
    Thanks very much, I'll try to get over in the next week or two.

Hi

I know this is an old thread, came across it in a search

I have a carrier bag full of expire co2 capsules. I put them in my recycling bin a couple of time but on both occasions they weren't taken

So what are they made of, and what should I do with them

Thanks

David

WHS

Michael

Question Location of the Greyhound Club

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    H4H is the charity I'd like to see receive any proceeds from the scrap income.
    Already started collecting and placed a wanted ad in the club hut for empty co2 capsules.
    I've heard a lot about the Greyhound gun club and would like to pay it a visit with a view to becoming a member. I've tried clicking on the link on your post, but keep getting 'web address not available'. Could you post some info relating to the location and membership? Both my wife and I are airgunners - and are looking for an additional club where we could shoot during the week as we are retired. From what I've gathered, the Greyhound might be ideal for us.

Many thanks, Ikarma
    datadave

What to do with empty Co2 Capsules

I'll have to find out what happens to empty CO2 capsules at our club. There always seems to be a lot of them either lying around or in various containers. It always appeared a shame that they couldn't be recycled for refilling for re-use but I would imagine the cost would be prohibitive?

Incidentally, I wonder why there is such a significant difference in price between brands? Steel and CO2 prices & manufacturing costs must be about the same - I guess that they are probably all made in China?
    Cheers - datadave

Why can't they be re-used? Surely that would be the best use of them. I have no objections of the cash going to a charity, but won't the firms who produce them not pay to have them back for refilling? That way they are being re-used and the money raised goes to the charities. It would be cheaper than having them melted down, reproduced, replated before refilling!

I have dozens of expended co2 and saving them with a view to selling them for scrap.Any funds will go to "help the hero's" because this is a charity close to my heart as a former serving soldier myself.
    Last edited by sniper24687066; 03-06-2012 at 06:46 PM. Reason: spelling

I have an awful lot of lead pellets that I get from my pellet catcher, I'm going to melt it and take that to the scrapyard, a few bob from that would help, though I'll give it to either the RBL or RAFA. I've also quite a few co2 empties as well.

Sounds like a great idea, where do I take my used co2 capsules to get them recycled?

Did the melting down of old pellets work in terms of getting a few quid from the scrap yard?

me too

I always threw mine but no more
    MRLYN LIMITED EDITION WEIHRAUCH CARBINE

The easiest way imho is to have a recycle collection box in the shop
    where you get them in the first place.
    If the shops are willing to let them be donated to a charity good for them,
    if not,at least they are being reused as something.

Most supermarkets have a dead battery drop off box!

CO2 Cartridge

If you have a few of these EMPTY laying about then try this, drill a small hole through them halfway down, squash the top in the vice, squash the bottom in the vice. This leaves the bit you have drilled still partly open, feed them onto a wire clothes hangar or string them up, hey presto cracking spinners to practice on.
    Live long, Die Oblong, but not for a long time yet.

The whole world smiles in the same language.

I'll have a word at my local club and see what they do with em. There are always bins of empty caplets lying around

CO2 cylinders

A friend of mine drilled small holes in a wood block to hold them upright and uses them as targets.

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    at bisley last week i noticed they were collecting empty co2 cartridges with the aim of selling them off as scrap. i would assume the money goes to charity or something.

so i was thinking why doesn't the ubc do the same, collectively we must get through a lot of co2, and if we all collected them and brought them along every 6 months when we meet up they could be sold on as scrap and the money donated to charity.

aparantly they are worth 2.5p each.

so what do you think??
    any ideas for a charity? I would have thought help for heroes would be as good as any.

Exclamation i have a charity

Please will you do cancer research uk because i have my family reasons and it would help the member of my family just a thought

Jay